Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hepatitis C Treatment Complete

Mom's Hepatitis C treatment is over. Some time ago, tests showed no sign of the disease in her system, so she probably has been free of it for some time, but the treatment only ended yesterday. There's a 5% chance of relapse during the next six months, but those were the odds that me and my brother had of having contracted it through childbirth, and neither of us had it. She'd have to be less lucky than either of us.

I denied overtime for the first time this weekend in order to celebrate Mom's return to health.

Yo, not only do you get my name as a suggestion if you Google it, you also get a correction and automatic search with the corrected spelling if you spell my name wrong!

So, what have I told you about the CWY application? That they sent me the second stage of the application process after I'd already completed it, and when they were supposed to tell me whether or not I'd gotten in? That they said I needed to provide some additional information that I'd been contacted about over email when I'd never been contacted? That, when I contacted them, they said I needed to provide a form that wasn't available to me because my file said that I'd already completed it, and then, when I requested to get that form, they sent me the one that I had already submitted on my second round? And now they've put my application to be for the group leaving the month after what I'd originally applied for?

This has got to be the first test. If I have it in me to get through their application process, I have it in me to complete the program.

When I go to Tim Hortons in the mornings, now, the person standing at the front counter has my coffee ready for me the moment I reach the front of the line, and after work, because I usually miss the first bus by like, 30 seconds and have to catch the next one 20 minutes later, the bus driver offered to wait a couple minutes after work for me every day. I feel known.

That's a nice bus driver, though. One time she stopped for me when I wasn't at a bus stop and chastised me for not signalling her down. I... didn't know I could do that if I wasn't at a bus stop.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to be known as a regular. I've enjoyed that at various places before ...

    My feeling is that a bus won't stop for a typical rider between stops, but that may be different in different cities/areas/countries, depending on various rules and laws. A driver willing to hold the bus for a minute or so for you, well, that's a great thing! (There are certainly those who would not wait for anyone ...)

    ReplyDelete