Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Invited to EChat

So here are the specific cities I might go to:

Mali
Mozambique
Nicaragua
Benin
Bolivia
Honduras
Ghana
Indonesia
Kenya
Nicaragua
Peru
South Africa
Tanzania
Ukraine
Vietnam

I'm still open to people giving me recommendations on how I should prioritize. I've got no clue, and they don't even look at my priorities until the end of the month. Until then, I can change freely. I only made a quick decision because

Yeah, Nicaragua was listed twice. That's because those leave on different departure dates. They say that there might be more than one team of 18 at any of these locations at one time.

There are 15 groups listed, but they're double in size, so that's the equivalent of 30 Katimavik teams. There might be more, too, but they've made it impossible to find out how many. Katimavik sends out 99 groups per year.

In Katimavik, I spoke to someone who'd done both programs, and she said that in CWY, she lived with only one other person, from the exchange country. It sounds like I'll be living with one other person, living in a billet house instead of a community of peers, but I'll be working with a larger group of CWY participants during the day. It also sounds like I'll be doing some kind of project at each locations, instead of a work placement.

Well... Sounds different.

I've been invited to an echat tomorrow, at 6:30 PM for the purpose of me understanding the program better, helping me prepare etc. I should have written about the basics of the program tomorrow, not today.

I have my vitamin information, so I actually completed everything on time.

Two days ago was Valentine's Day. Means nothing to me. I was gonna post that day, but it got kinda sketchy, so I didn't. I should have, though. It would have been good characterization, and a new dimension of my personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment