Thursday, February 24, 2011

Reacquaintence With Acquaintences

I was walking along the street and saw this guy that I'd known throughout highscool. I hadn't known him well, but we'd exchanged words and spent a number of classes together. He wasn't the first person I'd seen recently whom I'd had a relationship with like this. A guy I used to speak to every day back in Media Arts class, whom I'd remembered recently, just because I was becoming stressed out about my constantly expanding memory-load throughout life, and I'd picked him out through coincidence by choosing random and inconsequential snippets throughout life. I saw him on the bus, and he didn't recognize me. Same as a girl I'd spent middle and elementary school with. Someone I'd done project with, and who's email address I actually have. And to take it further, someone I knew from elementary, middle school, and high school, who was even in my "clique" for awhile, and who I'd made semi-consistent contact with.,

Yeah, so everyone except the first guy I spoke on didn't give me a second glance. This guy, we passed glances, smiled, laughed, waved, and rejoiced. That's where it's at. Just because we didn't know each other well, doesn't mean we didn't experience a lot together, and it doesn't mean we can't be happy to see each other.

Yesterday, I mentioned something that didn't get properly emphasized. My grandma was the one who noticed it. I guess I don't speak on it a lot, just because I don't generally feel like it's a good idea to focus on other's in a personal blog, not knowing when you might step on someone's toes, but it's true that the fact I referenced going out for a walk with my mother has some significance. I know I've mentioned she recently got through treatment for Hep C, but wasn't clear on how debilitating the side-effects were. Until a little while ago, going on such recreational physical activities were out of the question. She's continued to improve since her treatment, and every couple of days or so, her ambition and capabilities seems to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment