Thursday, July 19, 2012

Back to my Origins

I'm really going back to my roots.  I have a gig doing some light landscaping for some of, if not the first people I ever did odd jobs for.  Just yesterday, I spent dinner and caught up with them.  I told them I was going back to college and looking for some short-term work for about the month-and-a-half until then.  They mentioned that they had some work to do around the house, and I'm heading over there tomorrow, for apparently a full day of work.  Said they'd give me the instructions in the morning, and then I'd work for the rest of the day at their place.  They said they "couldn't imagine it would take more than one day, but if it takes two, it takes two."  Honestly, from their description of the work, it just sounds like gardening, and I can't imagine something like that taking a full day.  I mean, I guess I see people who work for the city, who have those landscaping jobs that I guess must fill their days, and I guess I know how a horticulturalist or an agriculturalist fills their days from my two CWY rotations, but this sounds like around-the-house type work.  Well, we'll find out how it goes.

I'm going to use the messed-up bus system for, It think, the first time.  Apparently when I was in Kenabeek, they built a bus terminal downtown.  At least that's something.  We never had one before, and the space they had was sub-par.  Mom says I can't miss it.  I'm sure I've been downtown since I got back, and I don't remember any terminal.  Guess I wasn't paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment