Thursday, July 5, 2012

Driver's Test

Well, I did my driver's test.  We went in today to inquire about a date that I could take it on, and the woman said that there was an opening in 40 minutes.

Unfortunately, I failed the test.  The woman said that I had a general hesitance and lack of observation.  She said that I didn't do any one thing that disqualified me, but that it was an accumulation of small errors.   She said that I aced my parallel parking, which is what trips up most people on their first try.  She said that I just need more experience driving and I should improve naturally.

So it wasn't the worst rejection I could have gotten.  I may even have been in a grey area in terms of whether or not I was qualified for the license.  But it's still disappointing.  The next opening is at the end of the month, and unfortunately I have to get back to Guelph, because Residence has been unresponsive to me and I think I should be looking for other means of student housing.  I guess I'll be looking toward other people who have cars, or maybe taking a few lessons, and then doing the test again in Guelph.

No comments:

Post a Comment