Friday, July 20, 2012

Getting Some Work In

Well, I got to do an honest day's work.  $12 and hour, too, so it's the same as what I made in the factories.  I just work around the house, but they managed to keep me busy, even if it was at a pretty relaxed pace.  I'm glad I got $12 an hour, since, when I was a kid, they used to pay me $10 an hour.  At the time, that was really good, because I was a kid and any kind of pay seemed monumental, and it was $3 above minimum wage at that time, anyway.  Now, however, it's a scratch under minimum, and having worked for seven months at $12 an hour, it's easy to get spoiled.

Got a free meal out of it, too, I might add.

I pulled weeds, used snippers, dug things out with a shovel... Okay, I weeded.  I won't try and buff it out any more than that.  I watered, too.  But they have a pretty decent area to work with and they had enough weeds to keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment