Monday, September 28, 2009

Katimavik Forms

I got the Katimavik pages printed out today. I had to go to the library, because our printer, as well as our scanner, is hooked up to the desktop, and our desktop still isn't working. Seems like I spend more time connecting things to things than using the services they're supposed to provide. I remember when I was younger, I had a philosophy not to do anything if the reward didn't last as long as the effort. For instance, if it would take me longer to prepare a meal than to eat it, I would deem that as a loss in profit, and not put in the effort. Nowadays, I don't see as much difference between effort and reward, so I've become considerably more relaxed, but in this case, I'm still somewhat irritated.

Anyway, these Katimavik forms are a real chore. They ask things like, have I ever been diagnosed with a learning disability. Since I have, they want all the papers associated with my learning disability. I don't have those! It's going to take some effort to get my hands on those, and it's all to prove something they'll hold against me. Also, they ask me for my SIN. You're not supposed to ask for that unless you're sure you're going to take the person!

And just to point out one of the things that doesn't effect me, but still seems unfair... If you've been hospitalized for anything, you've gotta put it down. So if you had your tonsils out...

Also, it wants dates, diagnoses, and proof for any meeting I've had with a professional, including a psychiatrist. I have a meeting with a psychiatrist. So... what do I do? Say I have one coming up, but I don't know what the result will be? I guess, but... I've got a feeling that's not something they want to hear.

Also, in this one section, they say all the answers to the questions they give are in the FAQ, but they ask what "billeting" means, and that's not in there!

Well, I'm going to be completely honest, and if they don't want me, well, maybe that means I don't want them, either!

I'm still filling these forms out...

My work got called off today because of thunderstorms. Good thing, too. I had a massive coughing fit today, which eventually triggered my gag reflex and I wound up coughing up a some stomach juice. Too much information? Well...

No comments:

Post a Comment