Monday, September 21, 2009

Posting Under the Influence

Hwoof! I've knocked back a few beers, and I'm not so certain how I feel about publicly posting under the influence, but even in this state, I must not forget my duties, or the responsibilities I've put before myself!

...To all my American viewers, the drinking age in Canada is 19, so not only am I legal, but I've been legal for a year, so there's nothing unusual about this.

I remember that, in my previous post, I said I'd talk about something...

Ah, yes! I said I'd complain about the mapout of the human lifespan!

Yeah, so, the human lifespan is 1/4 in development, 1/4 in one's prime, and 1/2 deteriorating, and most people spend their prime looking toward other people's development. Also, as one ages, time goes by faster, so even though I'm 1/4 through my lifespan right now, in perceived time, it might make sense to have my mid-life crisis right now.

But in any case, if a mid-life crisis consists of a 40-year-old acting like a 20-year-old, then a 20-year-old having a quarter-life crisis should act like a 10-year-old, I guess... Which explains some things in my personal behaviour...

Don't mean to bum anyone out... I know I'm younger than almost everyone who has been linked to this blog, but... it's still my blog, so I get to talk about things, even if it seems selfish!

I know there aren't a lot of memories in a person's first 3 years, and I slept through most of my teens... But still, coming to such a landmark reminds a person of their time limit on this earth...

1 comment:

  1. I still think you're selling yourself short. I mean, look at your great-grandmother Johnson. I bet you're not 25% done with your life.

    Also, I wouldn't worry about PUI. I've seen much worse. (If there were blogs back in the day, I'd have done much worse.)

    ReplyDelete