Friday, April 20, 2012

Certificate Expiration

Okay, so my main blog has 10267 views for 317 posts.  According to my calculations, that comes out to 32 views per post.  Not bad!  Of course, I don't know what they count as a "view".  It could count every time that I've updated as a view.  Of course, were that the case, it would only knock it down to 31 views per post, which isn't too much worse.  Besides, that's not the case.  My reviews blog... Heh... has less views than posts, so obviously it's not counting my update-visits as views.  However, this may simply means that it doesn't count my visits as "views" so long as I'm logged in.  I have this place bookmarked  to my main blog, so I visit here, and then log in from that page.  So I might be "viewing" it before I log in, whereas, when I do a review, I log in on this page, and then shift over to my reviews blog.  This means I never touch my reviews blog when I'm, not logged in, potentially cancelling the view status.

When I'm at the library, I have a different IP address and I'm also not initially logged in, since I Google my name to find my blog (my Flickr now comes up on the front page if you Google my name), so that pretty much definitely counts as a view.  In any case, I'm making over 30 views per post, which is pretty darn decent.  I don't know how those posts are distributed, though.  For all I know, there could be some that have hundreds of views, and most of my posts are well beneath 30.

After my main blog, Gryphon's Gallery has the highest view count per post, with 493 views for 12 posts.  That equals 41 views per post.  Wait... That's more than my regular blog!   Then The Migrating Gryphon has 400 views for 21 posts.  19 views per post.

Ehhh... Gryphon's Reviews has 13 views and 19 posts...  0.6 views per post.  I always suspected that!  I'm going to continue on and consider reviews as legitimate updates, though.  Pretend I didn't see this.

Today I realized that I am no longer certified to perform CPR and First Aid.  My certification expired.  I've got a wall covered in my nine certificates (and one diploma) and today, I had to take one down.  I was feeling fairly positive about it, though, because I got two college acceptance letters today.  I figured I'd file away my First Aid & CPR certificate and replace it with an acceptance letter.  Then, when I received my Ontario College Certificate, I would replace it with that, and then when I received my diploma, I would use it to replace the certificate.  Same method I used for my Karate certificates.  The higher credential, or belt, replaces the last.  But the acceptance letter was too big to fit into the frame, and I wound up filing the certificate and the letter, and felt like I came out losing.

I also got a rejection letter for the Social Services worker program at my favoured college.  It said that I had met the educational requirements for the program, but that I had failed to attend a mandatory information session.  I had received no invitation to an information session, nor did I see that one was being held during my research.  Oh well, it actually sounded like a human had written the letter, so I'll take that as a positive.  I knew that I was applying late for that program, and when I'd applied, it wouldn't have been normal for their to have still been openings.  It's possible that the information session was held before my application.  However, if that is the case, they should have not kept the program listed as open for applicants.

No comments:

Post a Comment