Monday, April 16, 2012

Transcripts and Acceptances

I called my first priority college today, to see if they accept unofficial transcripts. Turns out they don't, but they have received and accepted my application because they do accept electronic transcripts. Remember how I said that I'd thought my application was complete when I gave them the information necessary to access my application via computer, but then I was told that I needed a certified copy, and that even then, it wasn't considered an "official" transcript unless it was sealed inside an envelope? Well, it turns out for this college, the application was complete after I finished the electronic bit.

I was also accepted into one of my secondary colleges today. It's the one that has it's Human Services Foundation and Social Service Worker courses at separate campuses, and the day after I applied, apparently there were some riots over there, and I know two guys who've gone there and dropped out. They were, however, the only college that had an online account that I was able to log into.

Well, whatever I decide, it's nice to know that I can get in somewhere. The offer expires on the first of next month, so that's something to keep in mind.

Hey, do you know what country uses the same educational structure as Canada? Australia. I was looking at options for if I wanted to turn my college diploma into University credits, and they gave me a bunch of names of Universities that do this. There were some funny-sounding ones that came from places I'd never heard of. Little research told me they were all in Australia.

1 comment:

  1. That kind of makes sense, given that you're basically sister countries. (I guess the technical term is Commonwealth realms.)

    ReplyDelete