Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mesage From Karadie

I got a message from my old Canadian supervisor from CWY.  Apparently, her boss was in Karadie recently, and went so far as to take some photos of the two gardens that we built while we were there.  Seems like they've been pretty successful.

The Mali program for next year has been cancelled, like I guessed it would.  The country seems to be fairly stable now, though.  Democracy is back in place, but I don't think they've really come to a solution for the North.

The first thing you forget about a person is their voice.  I think it was in one of Frank McCourt's books that someone said they couldn't remember the voice of their late mother.  I thought that that sounded like a very sad thing to happen to a person.

I worry a lot about the time when I forget the voices of the Malians of Karadie.

I wrote the Fried Green Tomatoes Review.  Here's the link:

http://gryphonsreviews.blogspot.ca/2012/04/book-fried-green-tomatoes-at-whistle.html

No comments:

Post a Comment