Friday, January 21, 2011

Happy 200th!

This is our 200th post! I know I put off writing it, but I actually couldn't think of anything special to do for it!!!

I just watched two episodes of Mr. T's "I Pity The Fool", so I'm feelin' tough as nails, with a heart of gold! I'm about as jacked on positivity as I'm going to get at this point in my life, so let's do this!!

The last week, our last two shifts got canceled. Well, our last three shifts, but I somehow managed to work one. I got a message saying that my shift was canceled, but I didn't believe them, since they didn't say a date or shift, and I know they don't know what shift I work, and that they've screwed this up before. It was too late too call them and confirm, so I decided to risk having to walk home again.

On the way, I ran into a couple people who work in my section of the factory, but I didn't run into the two temps that I usually come across. I was sure I'd be sent home.

When I got to work, there were two other temps. In total, we were three out of six. When I popped the fact that I got a message saying our shift was canceled, it turned out neither of them had checked their messages.

But when we hit the floor, our boss just put us to work. Didn't flinch, didn't hesitate, but also didn't comment that three temps were gone, when he'd normally complain about one absentee.

So I worked the shift, got home with two new messages and an email from the agency being very specific, saying what shifts were canceled, for how long, why they were canceled, left their phone number, and asked me to call if I had any questions.

So I guess our supervisor just took pity on us or something, but still complained to the agency.

What the agency said about why we had our shifts canceled was wrong, though. They said that there was no parts. Sure there were. There were so many parts, we worked on them all day and they even pulled in a team to replace the one that didn't show up.

I called one of the temps that didn't show up, and apparently, when he received the first message, he called the company. It's not that they're out of parts, it's that several lines are down, and the people who would work those lines got transferred to our section, making parts.

A little while ago, I got that Confirmation of Interest email from CWY that asked me to complete a questionnaire by January 19th, 2011. It's the exact same email I got before, telling me to complete it by November 25th, 2010. Despite this, they are still applications for the same departure date.

They sent me my medical file request. I'd already sent, and had my medical file approved when I might have been put on as back-up. It seems they kept one section of my file, but that's all. It's the section I would have needed to have filled by a doctor. If they were going to keep anything, I'm glad it was that, since it took me 11 weeks to get Katimavik's form filled, and they didn't exactly give me 11 weeks. Still, it's kind of random they part of my file, but not all of it.

I've been kind of blue lately, but I think that's acceptable. Last Monday was "Blue Monday", the scientifically determined, generally saddest day of the year. It's around this time that people start getting low on vitamin D as the winter weather drags on, and I guess for Night Shift, that's just inevitably going to be more of an issue.

I think I can start getting two more people to buy my bread, meaning I've got three customers! Maybe I should quit my job and just open a bakery stand on the factory floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment