Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Random Stuff

You know how bathrooms usually have stick figure indicators to show which one is for men, and which for women? The women's will have a skirt and the men's without. Well, at my work, we have those, but the figures are a bit fuller. They make a point of illustrating the man's shirt by putting a protrusion on either side of his hips. End result is, both figures are wearing skirts, and the only difference is the size. Apparently it's not uncommon for newish people to make a mistake and walk into the wrong bathroom.

There are five urinals in the bathroom, and there's one guy who seriously needs to play the urinal game: http://gamescene.com/The_Urinal_Game_game.html

If you go on the one to the furthest right, he'll probably take the centre, and probably talk to you. Hmmm...

There's another guy, who I don't have anything in common with, except that we share a lunchroom. We're not in the same generation, and we're not from the same culture, too. He would semi-frequently say hi to me and ask how I was doing. Not odd, except that I'm the only one who got that treatment. Recently, he engaged me in a full conversation about work, with no lead-in. That's something I couldn't do. Engage a conversation with someone you have no connection to, with no reason for doing it. Just like, "I like the cut of your jib, let's talk." Now I'm obligated to smile and nod when I see him.

There's this guy who wears a shirt that says, "Same shirt, different day". I thought to myself "Pretty clever, but it fails because I've never seen him wear that shirt before." The next day, he was wearing it again, fulfilling the requirements of the shirt. I thought, "Not bad. I see this guy has follow-through". Then he wore it again, and again, and again. I forget how many times, but he finally stopped. I was like, "Aw, man!"

There's this guy I worked with on Days for one day. Now that I'm on Nights, I only see him sometimes in the mornings after I get off. We say hi to each other. One time, he raised his fist to pound it. Obviously, I don't leave him hanging. Then he moves in for the bro bump. I thought to myself that's kind of weird... Only know a guy for a day, not have a conversation with him in over a month... and now the bro bump? But yeah, we clasp hands bump shoulders and pat each other's back. I immediately fall into casual stance because I know that a bro bump is followed by a bros moment. And sure enough, it was. Recently, he made a point of calling out to me, not only when we ran into each other, but even while I was a ways off, and didn't see him.

You full-time employees shouldn't be getting too attached to a temp. We temps just come and go...

This is what I come up with when I have nothing to write about, but am determined to update!

No comments:

Post a Comment