Thursday, December 24, 2009

CHRISTMAS EVE

It's Christmas Eve and I've been DOO-RINKING! (Drinking). However, I do not so easily forget my obligations, so here I goooo!!!

When I was a child, I'd notice the adults never got as much presents as the children, and I'd wonder when people would stop showering me with gifts. Turns out, it's not at year 20!!! Actually, I came up with a theory for that. You see, if two people with similar levels of wealth give each other gifts, if they measure worth in a gift by level of expensiveness, you've got a competition going. The person who gives the more expensive gift will feel like they are more generous, and the one that gives the less expensive one will feel cheap. But ironically, the person who gives more will feel better than the one who gives less, so the act of giving becomes selfish. And if both give an equal amount, then it's like, why not just buy something for yourself? I mean, basically, you dispensed of a certain amount of money, and you got an item that is not as suited to your liking as possible with that amount of money, because only you know your own desires best.

Sooo.... it's best, in the circumstance of relative equals, to give an item that is focused on meaning, rather than finances.

So, when is it appropriate to give wealthy items?

It is appropriate to give it to people who don't have wealth. That means POOR PEOPLE! And who is poor? CHILDREN! Who else? US!

So it's not because kids are kids that they get nice presents. It's because poor people get presents, and they're poor. And we're poor.

Explains why Mom has so many presents under the tree this year.

I have recently been notified of a POTENTIAL EMPLOYMENT OFFER! Which would cause my life RADICAL CHANGE! And I must make a decision POST-HASTE! Until I better have this situation under better understanding, I will not blog about it. It's just... got so many variables in regard to the privacy policy, that I would be better off waiting until I was in a more sophisticated state of mind to deal with how I was going to communicate this. I shall update in the future, though.

Anyway, turns out, there will not be enough time left, once I get my forms filled out, that I would be able to send in my Katimavik forms by the time of my appointment. Well, it will be within the application processing range, which means it may, and it may not be too late. Also, if I take this employment opportunity, I won't be in Guelph, and then, is she still my family doctor?

No comments:

Post a Comment