Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dad Visit, Errands

Dad came over yesterday. I only got online very briefly, and very late at night, the night before last, when I got an email from my aunt asking if I wanted to meet up with him the next day, which is now yesterday. It was such short notice that I'd already made plans to do some errands, so I dragged him along for them.

I tend to go over social interactions very briefly on this blog, because of not knowing what people will want publicized, but I don't feel I'm out of line for noting that Dad takes his coffee the way I do. That is, black with sugar. He's only the third person I've met who takes it that way, and that includes myself.

Turns out the reason I've got energy now is because of the B12 supplements, not the exercise. And I get enough of the food sources that carry B12 that my body must simply be deficient in processing it.

Wait. I have a... flaw? Impossible!

I picked up my letter of recommendation from 2ndchance. I was hoping one of my counselors would be there, as Dad was around, and I could introduce them, but they weren't. Oh well, at least the woman at front desk remembered my name for the first time.

It just occurred to me that it might be a good idea to get letters of recommendation for regular job applications. Beforehand, when someone told me to do that, I thought it was stupid to ask for a letter for each application... It's not anyone's job to be pumping out letters for me in mass. But only now am I realizing that I could get one letter from each contact, and photocopy them. ARG! It's painful to be so stupid. I've been job searching for a year-and-a-half (that hurts so much to say) and that's the first time that idea has occurred to me.

I got checked for Hep C... Woman who did it was really pro. Not only did it not hurt, I don't think I felt the needle. I've been being tested for things since this woman was just starting out, and while she was always at the higher end in terms of skills, she has become a true master in the time I've known her.

I notice things like that about people. That's not good. I used to have a lot of anxiety, and people would tell me that people care first and foremost about themselves, and can't be bothered to put in the effort of judging you. But the thing is, I am constantly judging people. I'm the type of person that anxiety would be appropriate around. And that's not so great.

I called the sleep lab to book an appointment. I'm going in on Thursday and staying overnight. They're going to hook a bunch of electrodes up to monitor me while I sleep. Creepy.

Yesterday, I shaved in the morning, and then later in the day someone noted I had a 5:00 shadow, and they were right. Huh.

I feel like I haven't had to clip my nails in a really long time. What's the deal with that?

I was a pansy last post for waffling around. Of course there are things to say! There always are. I was just caught off-guard.

I got spammed in the comments of this blog by a person named... I think it was michelewalker. I accidentally clicked on her stupid link and it put me to some "have sex chat with me" place with lots of Asian characters. I hope that didn't give me a ton of viruses, and it was just spam. The link was a series of dots, and each dot was a separate link, although I clicked only one. I know those spammers that send a broken link are trying to get to the top of Google, but this was essentially the opposite of that. This was an unbroken link that was disguised.

No comments:

Post a Comment