Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tired Post

I hardly slept last night, and I'm forcing myself to stay up until 10:00 PM tonight, to put my sleeping schedule back on track. I want to be able to sleep for the sleep study. I'm very tired right now.

Today we got a new TV. Well, it's a hand-me-down from Louise. It's the same basic model as the one we have now, but smaller. Mom and Duncan insist it's picture is sooo much better, but I'm not sure. Our old TV is 15 years old and likely my favourite piece of machinery in this home... Mom and Duncan think it's on it's last legs.

This new TV's pretty cute, but I just don't have the history with it that I do with our old one. I don't care if our old one's screen is dark, chipped and has lines constantly running down it. It's seen me grow into what I am now.

We don't have cable. We just use television for videogames and old VCR tapes, oh, and sometimes, for taping videogames.

That reminds me, DVDs are a huge step backward in technology.... Can't fastforward or rewind properly... Can you tape on them? Don't think so... Can you pause? Don't think so...

Hmmmm.... OH! I made a huuuuuuuge goof today. Remember how I was going to enter a contest to win a scholarship for a travel-volunteer program (not Katimavik), and remember how I said that I wanted to have it done by the end of the month, just as a personal goal, not because I needed to? Well, I did need to. Yesterday was the deadline. I had like, five days to get it done, but I messed up my time perception.

This is the first year that I've paid attention to the months of the year. Before this year, if you had asked me what month it was, I probably wouldn't have been able to ask you, and if you said a month and asked me if it was a warm or cold month, I wouldn't be able to answer you that, either. Now I've got like.... 11? months down, or at least, I've got a better understanding than before.

Also, remember how I said I wouldn't get my yellow belt this month? I meant last month. I hadn't realized that the months had changed, and I didn't even show up for grading...

This is what happens when you let your guard down! I must correct myself!

Five cups of coffee today... And large cups... More like drinking jars....

At Louise's, I took down the gazebo. I put that gazebo up as my very first assignment there. Mom accurately guessed that this would be a reminder to me of the passing of time, and depress me.

Duncan did a batch of candycane reindeer. I did some math and found out the maximum I could make off of this is $16. Ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment