Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Feeling Down

I'm feeling down, and not in the usual fatalistic, philosophical way. I just feel really blue. These past few days I've been really bored. That doesn't happen often. Before these past few days, the last time I was bored was about seven months ago. I remember it because it was so unusual. I think I even said at the time that I was feeling bored for the first time in my life. It's just an emotion I;m usually immune to, and while it's mostly good, it's also a disadvantage, because boredom is an instinctive emotion that spurs people into action when their lives are too stagnant. I have to concentrate on self discipline more as a result of my usual inability to feel bored.

I was thinking today, if I could have anything, or do anything, what I would do with my life to make myself happy? I pulled a blank. I think I wouldn't have such financial difficulties, just because with such grand power, I'm not going to inflict troubles on myself, but I don't think that'd be the key to happiness. I don't know what I want in life, not even generally...

No comments:

Post a Comment