Monday, December 14, 2009

Gaiman, Coat, Technology, This Blog

I received an unfortunate bit of news recently. As it turns out, a fairly well-known, current author by the name of Neil Gaiman, takes his coffee black with sugar, like I do. Despite having written some of my favourite books, and being a seemingly good person all-round, I just hate this guy. I hate his FACE! Check it out:



Ohhhh, y'know what word describes a face like that? Backpfeifengesicht. Screw you, spellcheck, that's totally a word. It's German for "a face that needs a fist", and that's totally what kind of face that guy has. Moreso than I have ever previously seen.

It might be theorized that I feel this way because I hate every other one of my favourite authors for legitimate reasons, and he's not giving me one. But I dunno. I really hate that face.

Posting that image reminds me... We have Paintshop Pro over here, but we use Microsoft Paint for manipulating images. Microsoft Paint is THE WORST tool available for that task. My brother is really, really, really good at that kind of thing, and for the longest time complained about having to use such primitive technology for his work. Once we got Paintshop Pro, I attempted to use it, failed, and asked him to teach me. He shirked my request. I decided to wait until one of his projects required him to manipulate some images, because I knew he couldn't resist new technology, and once he got the knowledge himself, he'd be ready to teach me. But guess what? He just decided to keep on using MS Paint. So I'm still using it, too. Too bad, since I could probably increase the quality of my comics if I knew how to use Paintshop Pro.

Looks like our desktop is fixed. Now we only have to pick it up. It looks like we've also found the source of our unstable connection, and that's going to be fixed this week, too. HOORAY!

My new coat is weird. It doesn't have any zippers on the pockets, and it has a zipper on one side of the inside, which opens into the coat itself. Not into like, an inner pocket or anything, but right into the inner mechanics. It's really random.

For some reason, my avatar for this blog is only showing up in my profile. If you look at me in a "watcher" list, it just shows the default silhouette.

I read over my comments recently, and I'm going to publicly state, for the second time, something regarding someone I know is reading this blog. It will probably aggravate my first cousin once removed, David, to know that I haven't been reading his consistent comments, for a very long time. But you see, it is only because of his sage wisdom that I haven't. When I first started writing this blog, I was so nervous about it being public, and it was Dave that told me to write for myself, not others, and to pretend nobody was reading. So that's what I did, until I became comfortable enough in my skin to face whatever anyone thought of me. So I have faced those thoughts, and... Dave's my only consistent commenter. Those are some pretty nice comments, though, Dave!

I've had a few people email me about the blog, I've had it referenced in casual conversation by people who I didn't know read, and my family has been told by others that they read me. It doesn't happen often, but it's just enough to make me wish I had a hit counter.

1 comment: