Sunday, December 13, 2009

Pre-Christmas Goods, Coffee

I guess I'll go over the Christmas spoils we got due to the generosity of the family member and her church that I spoke of previously. There were two items in particular that will be very useful to me. One is a winter coat. Up until now I'd just been using my Spring jacket, and it's become the thick of winter, so while I'm confident I could have braved any storm with what I had, at least this coat will make everyone stop bugging at me. The other item is a printer that is also a scanner and a photocopier. It's big and cool and everything I always wanted in one of those. It's even proved useful a grand total of two times since last Friday. I think it's only black-and-white, but that's fine by me. Now that I have a laptop and this printer-scanner-photocopier, I've got my set of ideal technology. If we could connect to the Internet, I'd be complete.

My family doctor didn't get back to me about the Katimavik forms. I'm a little on-edge now...

Not having Internet has put the publication of my comic on the skids real bad. I'm averaging two updates per month. Since my goal was once every two days, this is really bad. It's especially bad since I've already got a huge stock of content on my computer, and I just need to upload it. Hopefully, since I've got my library access, that will help me out. I'd really like to update more regularly, since I figure that if I update often enough, I'll elevate from “deadbeat” to “starving artist”.

I forgot to mention my self-analysis for my taking coffee black with sugar. See, it's because while I appear really dark and bitter, I'm...
...
...
...Really sweet on the inside!

My brother was aiming to take his coffee with milk but no sugar, I guess for the irony factor, but it didn't stick. You can't devote yourself to taking your coffee a certain way based on someone else's preference, even if it is to subvert it. It's gotta come from a deep and personal space within you! Until I was 19 and finally beginning to truly discover myself, I was just taking it double-double (that's milk and sugar to all you non-Canadians). Besides, what would taking your coffee milk with no sugar even mean? That you looked lighthearted and easygoing on the outside, but were really bitter on the inside? Who drinks it that way? Psychopaths, that's who! (No offence to all the psychopaths reading this)

Hmmm.... Let's think about what kind of people take what kind of coffee...

Milk no sugar: Psychopaths
Black no sugar: People who lie to themselves
Milk and sugar: Conformists
Black with sugar: People who believe actions speak louder than words, and who will act on kindness alone, with no expectation of reward

Alright, so I'm glad that's settled and agreed on. I recently found out that my grandmother takes her coffee black with honey. She reads this blog and took note of my own preference. I figure it's alright to say her preference on this blog without violating my privacy policy, as I deemed it was alright to state my father's, but since this is the first time I'm speaking about a person who is capable of viewing and defending her right to privacy, we'll see if my judgement has been sound.

Anyway, I figure she gets to join my coffee preference team, since I counted Dad's artificial sweetener.

I tried my coffee black with honey yesterday, and the honey worked to sweeten it as well as sugar would have, and I could taste a slight difference in taste, but I couldn't decide if I preferred it or not.

Alright, gotta go. I know this is kind of short but I only had this much of a post prepared in OpenOffice and didn't really believe I'd have the opportunity to post tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Coffee is one thing I've just never really managed to like, despite various attempts with various brands and blends. (It could also be said, I suppose, that all my attempts have been with bad coffee, in the same way that someone might not like donuts after trying them from several different stores but never from a bakery. I am reluctant to suggest, say, Tim Horton's because I have not personally enjoyed Timbits. I believe I went there exactly once, panicked at the counter, and ended up getting just regular glazed donuts or something.)

    Anyway, I don't care for the bitter taste in the coffees I've had; adding sweeteners of various kinds just means I end up drinking the sweetener itself. I like coffee ice cream, and I also like some coffee-based drinks, but then again that's more like coffee flavoring in something else I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete