Sunday, January 17, 2010

100 BLOG ENTRIES!!!!!!

*Cue confetti*

Now to celebrate my 100 days of blogging (Okay, maybe a bit more) let's reflect on the accomplishments I've made since I started...

...I met my dad, had a quarter-life crisis, went up a belt rank in karate, cashed in on the first course of a scholarship for seven writing programs, discovered a new place to volunteer, updated my webcomic, like, five times, severed my last tie with my ex, got a bit more working experience, saw my mother start a business with my employer, saw my mother discover she has Hep C, wrote nine reviews, took a bunch of photos, saw a blue moon on the turn of the decade, joined my brother's forum, started family therapy and read two books.

Huh... UNSATISFIED! Things don't move fast enough!

I might have missed a few things, and those weren't all accomplishments.

Anyway, let's get back to focusing on the little things, because looking at the big picture hurts.

I managed to fill out my Welfare papers today. I'll admit that, so crunched for time, I did try and resort to convenient methods like applying via email through job-finding sites.

Convenient? HA! Want to know what I found? The Job Bank gave me four positions I was eligible for, Kijiji gave me four as well, Monster gave me NOTHING, Workopolis gave me NOTHING, too. So I tried temporary agencies. Premium HR Solutions listed two positions, one of which I was eligible, Express was the same. Liberty Staffing and Spherion gave me NOTHING!

So Guelph's online job listings were exhausted at ten applications, and I had to resort to doing things the old fashioned way: forcing my resume into places where I know they aren't hiring and will not be hiring soon.

This time of year is a bit of an anomaly in that nobody's saying it's a good time to be looking for work. There's usually some holiday, or change of season, or school's ending or school's starting, and so people are basically constantly saying it's a good time to be looking for work. It's ironic that in this barren time, I've come this close to landing a job (We'll find out tomorrow!!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment