Sunday, January 17, 2010

2ndchance, Comic, Writing Course

I forgot to mention that, last Friday, I saw one of my old employment counselors at 2ndchance. Turns out, they're doing the 18th W2W group right now. I was part of the 9th, so that means the number of groups they've done since mine has doubled, and it's been roughly nine months. Sounds right.

I updated my comic again, too, that day. And I'm going to do so now. Turns out I'm still averaging 2 comics a month. Well, I've managed to get it up to something like 2.3, but still...

I'm not doing nearly so well with my new alias as I did with my old, and I haven't gained any new watchers or favourites since I had a third of what I do now even with this alias. I can't figure it out. I'm re-posting comics I put on my old alias's account now, but still nothing. Same audience, same product... Different result.

It might be the timing of when I do the post. On dA, all new entries show up on the front page for a moment, which is where, if you're obscure, going to get your views from other people. If I post when not many people are on, I lose my moment.

Also, I still have that other account at that other place I can work toward rebooting, for a different audience.

So, that scholarship I got for those online writing courses that were postponed looks like it's coming along nicely this time. I've been to my "online classroom" and have received instructions on how to gain access to my specific programs. I'm only waiting on someone to grant me access, which should happen either today or tomorrow.

This year's starting out well. It's the first month, and I already have some new job and education experience. And I've got ideas and opportunity for further advancement as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment