Thursday, January 21, 2010

Job Callback, Forms, Trollz

Well, the job callbacks were nothing to get excited about. I didn't tell you guys, for some reason, but one was from the employer I saw last week. Turns out, I didn't get the job, but he still wants me back in for three or four days. He phrased it real nice. He said that it was just because the other guy had more experience, but they wanted to help me get experience, too. If that's true, then it's nice to know I made a good enough impression that they'd want to do me a favour like that. If it was a lie, then they chose me because I'm the most qualified person available other than the guy they hired, and I can live with that. I feel like the reason I didn't get the job was a matter of space, rather than qualification.

The other callback was from an employment agency. Again, that's not bad... Much of the little experience I have comes from dealing with those agencies, and getting a callback means that somebody eyeballed my resume, and said to themselves "Hmmm, maybe we could use this guy". The agency wasn't actually open today, so I couldn't call them back.

My Katimaroute says "Arrived" for all but my second piece of ID, which says "Update needed." I sent them the update, but I guess they need some time to process it, like they did with the original forms.

Alright then, I'll tell you what I did wrong. See, the checklist said in one bullet point that I needed a photocopy of a piece of government-issued identification with a photo, proof of age, and a signature. Then there was another piece requesting the same thing. One bullet was in the section directed to the Katimavik Participant's Office, the other was to Backcheck (criminal record and vulnerable sector search people, that Katimavik uses for all applicants), so I thought that meant the Katimavik Participant's Office needed one, enclosed with my questionnaire and health form, and that Backcheck also needed one. So I sent a photocopy of my passport for one, and a photocopy of my passport for the other. Turns out, they need the ID to be DIFFERENT. Backcheck looks at both pieces of ID. I guess the Participant's Office shares it's piece. But they said to either email of fax them a scan of the new info, so I've emailed it to them.

My first project for the writing course is due today. I have NOT procrastinated it to the last minute. I am demonstrating my new self-discipline! But I could still have done a bit more than I have.

Three people who read my blog have posted on my brother's Facebook. I just checked it for the first time in a long time. Well, one person who reads and two people who claim to read, but whom I frankly did not believe. Although, since it's only these people who took an interest, I'm liable to start believing in them. After all, this blog is basically a teaser into Duncan's life.

Ummmm... Let's see, let's see...

Saw a raccoon the other day! That doesn't happen a lot... Updated my comic again... If I'm running so low on material here, you guys might actually get linked. It might at least give me a bit more to work with.

Let's see... What else...

Here, have the Trollz theme in:

English

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCuyIApMNug&feature=player_embedded

Spanish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA7hKedtvJ8&feature=player_embedded

Latin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39zmGN_cjNk&feature=player_embedded

Swedish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D5s46x0vs4&feature=player_embedded

Finnish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYKcce6Yc6o&feature=player_embedded

German

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FSO2GzgfNA&feature=player_embedded

Dutch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWPHVIQubwM&feature=player_embedded

No comments:

Post a Comment