Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Winter Photos, Writing Class

Here's some Winter images. There's only four. I don't think they're as good as my Autumn ones, either, but I don't think I'm going to do better this year. Since the numbers are so different from between seasons, I don't think I'm going for any kind of numerical formula. I just take pictures and select the ones I think are presentable.

There's a lot of things that don't get captured in a photo, at least not by someone of my skill. I took some pictures of snow, which just wound up looking white and a little rough, but which, in person, looked like white sand dunes, or the waves of a calm sea, with a mystical white haze washing over, almost insubstantial. And I took some pictures of geese flying that looked really nearby when I took the picture... even through the perspective of the camera, but they look really far away in the image. Also, I missed taking a picture of a beaver, and there was a HUMONGOUS collection of flying geese, the likes of which I'd never seen, which I somehow failed to catch on-camera.

Oh well. Here's the link: http://gryphonsgallery.blogspot.com/2010/01/winter-2010.html

Two new lessons from my writing class, and a new peer. Also, it was one of my classmate's birthday. In my pre-employment program, three out of my six classmates had their birthdays in the four week program. This is also a four week program. I'm hoping for more birthdays, though since there's only four of us, it would only take one more to be 50% of the members, which would tie W2W.

My assignment should be graded tonight, although it should've been graded yesterday, and she's only got... 15 minutes before her designated deadline to get these back to us.

Found a way to contact the correct U of G department with my inquiries, but they're making things difficult...

I'd forgotten about my online Scrabble matches. Gotta get back in on that. Too much things online already, though.

At karate today I got to put my new-found push-up skillz, as I'd mentioned in my previous update, to the test. Had to do fifteen while some other guy puts his hand on the ground, to make sure I'm doing them proper. Remember how I said I could only do one? Well, I did, like... eight or so, before I lost form. So I'm still not exactly the dojo champion, but I'm satisfied my own level of personal achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment