Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Drinking, Writing Class Grading

So, I've been drinkin'. I had to! My first writing assignment was graded today, and this was the only way I could bring myself to look at the grades. There are old tests I have in my high school binder that I still haven't brought myself to look at! It's the "Pride" sin, remember? Nonetheless... this is the last time I'll pull the drinking trick. And if it isn't... Let myself be shamed on this blog!

I did alright. I got an automatic 60% on my submission, and the other 40% will be graded when I correct the things she suggested. So I already passed, and I guess I... got perfect on just completing it? Doesn't seem like that's fair, but it's in my favour, so whatever.

I got U of G to answer me. Turns out, they're accepting applications until March 1st. Unfortunately, it seems their minimum grade average has risen, and I may fall beneath it. Grade average is determined by the six top grade 12 U and M courses completed. If six have not been completed in grade 12, they will take from grade 11. Therefor, since, between grades 11 and 12, I had a grade average better than 70%, I might still be in trouble, because if I graduated from courses worse than 70% in grade 12, they'll count that instead of my grade 11 marks. If I go to university, I have to decide on whether or not I'll be able to sustain living expenses, too.

Got back into my Scrabble zone. I've still got it.

I need to get back to the ReStore, yo! But my sleep schedule is all turned around. I've only slept three hours in these past two days, so hopefully I'll be tired enough to fall asleep at a proper time and get back on schedule.

Hey, so Mom went to therapy and talked about the prospective concept of me moving away. I guess this was a little while ago... when I still had the chance of getting a job in Toronto. Mom couldn't think of any reasons that it would be beneficial for me to move away. She thought of some good reasons for me, but not for her. Same as Duncan. I had to be the one who came up with the list for both of them for why it would be beneficial for them if I left!

I had to shout all my faults at them in list-format, and argue why I was decreasing their quality of life.

Anyway, I won the argument.

*Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment