Sunday, January 3, 2010

Wizard of Oz, Full Moon, Farmer's Market

sorry folks, it's kind of late to be making a post right now. I had something I wanted to do, but couldn't quite manage it. I wanted to write up a review for Clash of Ninja and Dokapon Journey, and I wanted to finish an RP chapter for my brother's forum. I spent all of today indoors, and I guess I've become kind of sluggish. My brain isn't fit for such tasks.

I'll just make a few quick notes.

First of all, I looked up The Wizard of Oz on Youtube, and it turns out that the Tin Man is the only character whose initial song has not been recorded. The only way you can get to it is through music montages of all three stapled together and played to separate visuals.

...I'm on a big Wizard of Oz kick right now. I also watched the scene where the Wizard grants all three of them their wishes, although really, the point is that they had it in them all along. The stupid guy puts the Tin Man last, even though we all know that's not the formula, and then he welshes. "Where I come from, there are people who do many good deeds. They're called, uh... uh.... good deed-doers." And then he says that the Tin Man "doesn't know how lucky he is. A heart's not worth having until it's been made unbreakable." And that he should remember "The measure of a person's heart is not how much he loves, but by how much he is loved by others." What a bunch of foolishness.

Oh, and hey, remember when I said that one time that I wished our camera was working to take a picture of the full moon? Not the blue moon. There was one before that. I said the clouds perfectly backed the moon, and they framed it without obscuring it. Think about that for a moment.

...The clouds backed the moon.

...There are no clouds behind the moon! The moon is in outer space and clouds are on Earth! How could this be possible?! I remember what I saw! It was exquisite!

Oh, and also, Mom and Louise went to the Farmer's Market today and attempted a Boxing Week sale, as they didn't get their Christmas line out in time. They did alright, but what they sold didn't come from the Christmas line, and they sold only a couple candycane reindeer.

1 comment:

  1. You might have seen the moon through a hole in the clouds, or maybe the clouds were very thin near the moon and so you couldn't see the clouds in front of the moon.

    ReplyDelete