Monday, January 4, 2010

Katimavik Forms, Employment Opportunity

Today I did a few calculations in regard to my Katimavik forms. If I remember it correctly (I've got it written down around here somewhere, but I don't want to bother getting up), there's a four-to-eight week processing period, which doesn't include the time it takes to get there after it's mailed. That's 56 days for the worst case scenario. Tomorrow, it will be sixty days until the start of the program. January 28, which is when I'm currently booked to get my height, weight and blood pressure taken, which may or may not mean that my forms are ready that day, would give them four days to get it and then process it. Impossible. Oh wait. No, that's wrong. It would give me... thirty four days. OOPS! I told that nurse today... Anyway, still in the danger zone. If it got there in three days or less it would be good enough for a best case scenario. She's had these forms for... eight weeks. Eleven weeks since I made the appointment to put them through.

So I called them up today to see if I could get an earlier appointment. Apparently she genuinely is booked completely until January 28, but the nurse understands the urgency (possibly because I said January 28 would give me four days to have them processed) and is going to talk to my doctor.

I totally didn't lie on the phone on purpose. YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME!!!! I genuinely miscalculated, I swear!

I also got messaged back about my employment opportunity, and it appears that my first task in this plan moving through has completed successfully. I warn you guys, though. It is a layered process, with many things that may go wrong. So don't get your hopes up.

No, that's a bad thought. The only interview that ever went well for me was for W2W, and I didn't even realize there was a chance that I wouldn't get in. In reality I had like, a 1-in-7 chance, but I thought I'd already been accepted. Result: I was completely cool-headed and relaxed. I should try my best to visualize success, not prepare for the worst, if I want to maximize my chances in this situation.

If I don't get into Katimavik, but I do get a job, I'll be working full-time and taking online writing courses, gaining certificates. I could do worse. If I get into Katimavik, that's good, too. If I don't get either, then I've got the online courses, and karate.

Sheez, tomorrow has potential to be sad. I just remembered... tomorrow is the first day back at karate since the two-week holiday break. I'm gonna have to tell them I might be leaving. Not really a big deal, I guess, but I still hate things like that.

1 comment:

  1. I like to look at interviews in two ways. For one, they serve as interview practice: even if you don't get the position or whatever, you have experience trying, and maybe that will help the next time.

    They also give you the chance to find out more about the company, program, etc. It is (or should be) a two-way process. Maybe there's more to the job than you knew at first. Maybe you aren't exactly qualified, but the interviewer really likes you. (Sometimes it comes down to personality more than ability. It's easier to teach people how to do something than it is to teach them to be likable. At least in some cases.)

    Hopefully both things work out the best they can for you.

    ReplyDelete