Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Medical Clinic, Writing Course, Job Interview

Today I got a call back from the medical clinic, putting my appointment to this Friday.

I also got signed up with that writing course. Four week course, Short Stories Part 1: Plot, starts January 18th. I'll be required to write a 10-page story, several one-page assignments, and an evaluation of my story. That could be difficult. I had to do a 5-page story for a Creative Writing course, and that was killer.

Aaaand I've been in contact with the employer who will decide if I get hired. I've been informed by my Torontonian contacts that I shant go without shelter, as it appears I will be staying the night, but I don't have a specific place where I'll be staying yet. My usual contact isn't available, so whatever happens will be new.

My original proposition was for Thursday, as I'd like to not be making plans and implementing them on the same day, and maybe not being able to inform my contacts in time, and I've got my doctor's appointment on Friday. Fortunately, the appointment is at 9 AM, so I've proposed early afternoon Friday. Unfortunately, he can only see me before 2 PM. Shouldn't be an issue, but it's still just slightly too tight for complete comfort. If that's not fine with him, I'll just have to take things into my own hands.

Something interesting I took from my interaction with this employer: when he tried to open my resume, he got 239 pages of jibberish. So... ever since I started using Open Office... which was about... I dunno, 3 months ago when I got this laptop, every online application I've sent may have glitched in the same way.

Also, I'm going to be getting my third and final letter of recommendation this Thursday or Friday. I have decided to not publicize them on the blog based on wisdom imparted on me by my cousin Dave. I figure that, I've got a chance at regretting an act like that, whereas, I really won't miss not publicizing them all that much. I would have just used them as filler, anyway. And I've got enough filler topics already.

No comments:

Post a Comment