Monday, January 25, 2010

Writing Class, Post-Secondary, Webcomic

Today I came up with a pretty solid prototype for my second creative writing assignment. And I've got two more prototypes in me! Afterward, it'll all be a matter of dressing up whichever I decide to go with. These plots are actual plots!

I contacted the University of Guelph with my questions, but they just told me to go to a certain section on their website centred on admissions. I went there, but it didn't answer any of my questions, and it didn't have any contact information for where I should take my specific questions.

I don't think I've been outside the apartment in two days. I feel killer groggy. I'm not good at staying inside for days on end.

Hey, if you guys want to know where my webcomic is, here's a hint: it's got a keyword, that if you search for it on deviantART, it will pull up every issue in my archive, and nothing else. I discovered that today. Also, the only person who has ever posted on my wall has this signature:

ida red ida blue
kill her best friend named as sue
ida red ida brown
screw her life up and kill her boyfriend in town
ida red ida black
now lets stab her in the back
ida red ida red
get the knife out and kill her dad fred!!!!!!!

GAH!!! She's frightening! I abandoned my old account to start one solely for my webcomic, and I told none of my friends where my new account was. The only person who has reached out to become my friend is this person. There has been one other person who added me to their watch list, and someone favourited one of my comics, but my only mutual friend is this frightening woman.

That keyword actually brings up all my comics from both my old and new account. My ex coloured in and re-vamped a few comics visually, and all of those are still the most favourited of my comics on dA. GRRRR!!!! Everyone is way too shallow! The writing is still the same quality!

I found out how to see the number of views each comic gets. Now I can experiment by seeing what times of day get the most views!

I'm thinking I'll also get out there and dirty my hands mingling with other members of the site. I wanted a little artistic integrity, gaining fans on my own strength, but sadly, people are more likely to favourite things if they come from a friend.

And there's that other account I could re-open, still.

Today I did a push-up. A bona-fide, put your chin to the ground, then push yourself up again style push-up! I have never before been able to do that. Before, I'd gained the ability to put myself halfway down and push myself up from there, which was a huge improvement on my previous inability to keep my back straight from the push up position. Keep in mind, I also weigh more than I ever have before in my life. I have to lift over 300 pounds to do a push up.

Hey, so for my brother's RP, I'm doing a female character. Several of us are, now. Expanding our writing capacities, yo. Anyway, I had to fill out her profile, and I had no idea what a woman's weight or height was, so I hazarded a guess at 5'7" and 150 lbs and asked a female if this was about right. She said that 150 is a little heavy. WHAT?! 150 is half my weight! So... most women are in a... completely different size ratio from me. Like, a size difference that usually exists only between separate species.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, women tend to be considerably lighter than men of similar heights. (They also tend to have a higher percentage of body fat, and with fat weighing less than muscle, a woman of comparable shape would likely weigh less than us anyway.) Women in RP environments (well, I can only vouch for the RPG part, but anyway) may weigh even less than that. After all, not too many people create a reasonably-proportioned character.

    ReplyDelete