Friday, January 1, 2010

Gentleman's Clothing, Ex Unfriending, Sixth Sense, Wizard of Oz

I forgot to make resolutions for 2010. Still can't think of anything specific. Mom and Duncan think I should resolve to have a more positive outlook, but that's too hard, so I'm not.

Today I drank brandy out of a brandy snifter. Not my brandy snifter. It really demonstrated how cartoonish mine is. This other snifter was tiny in comparison! I can pour a whole bottle of beer into mine and not fill it up halfway.

That was the first time I've ever drunken brandy. I liked it, in my own way. I can't say I truly enjoy any alcoholic drink, because, to be honest, while I enjoy the sensation of drinking, the base flavour of any of these drinks is bitter and distasteful to me. When I first tried an alcoholic beverage, I thought it tasted bad, and everyone told me that that was natural at first, but that you grew to like it with time. That was halfway true. I grew to like the sensation of drinking, and the taste became less and less bothersome, but I can't say that I ever grew to like the flavour.

However, when it comes to these harder drinks, I think it changes the sensation as well as the flavour, and not just by degree of effect. You feel it several ways down and there's a pleasant, warming sensation.

Otherwise, today I got a late Christmas present. A vest and pocket watch. Apparently they want to get me a fedora hat, too. All this stuff is fun, but combining the suspenders, vest, pocket watch, fedora and snifter will make me look like a throwback to a different time.

I really enjoy the pocket watch. Even though I concentrate hard on wearing a watch on my wrist, it somehow always finds itself in my pocket, and that gets it's face scratched.

I should be cautious with my words, though, because the people who gave these gifts have recently received a link to this blog.

I finally unfriended my ex on Facebook. That was my last tie with her, and it was one of my first acts in the new year. I also unfriended her little brother and the people who friended me only because I was her boyfriend. I knew I was going to do it, but I didn't know if it would be on the new year, or the day that we broke up, February 14.

I finished my first comic story arc on deviantART on the first day of the new year, too. And I compiled the story into a collection, although I can't figure out how to display connections.

Today I received news that my scholarship for this writing program is good for EVERY PROGRAM they offer! And I can take whatever I want, whenever I want! WHOA!

Hey! Random thought! You know how the sixth sense is supposed to be, like, telepathy, and feeling mystical and spiritual energies? Well, I was thinking about that, and you know what? That's not a sixth sense at all! That's the sense of touch! It's just doing things people don't think it should be able to do!

Everyone's spiritual energies expand outside the physical body, and spiritual energies are capable of overlapping. The reason children are better at extra-sensory stuff is because they're still learning, and when you're learning, you have to reach from deeper places to understand things. People who already have a lot of experience tend not to go to the extra effort, because they've already got the answers ingrained into their base senses.

....
....
....
....Anyway, you should probably forget that lunatic rant. HEY! Which character from The Wizard of Oz do you think you are? The Scarecrow, the Tin Man, or the Cowardly Lion (no, you can't be Dorothy)? I think I'm the Tin Man, because I'm looking for my heart, but deep inside, I actually have the largest heart of all!

The Tin Man got screwed for lines, though. The Scarecrow got to be the "idea guy", and the Cowardly Lion got two special scenes, one for him being comic relief, and another where he shows a surprising amount of bravery. All the Tin Man gets is filler comments and the standard initial musical segment.

No comments:

Post a Comment