Thursday, October 29, 2009

Filling Out Forms, Fall Photos







Here are some Fall pics. I can't put them all in one post, for some reason, so I'll put up the rest in the next post. If I keep taking photos, I guess I could make another blog for them, but that's still a ways from now.

Today was pretty stressful. I had to go see my doctor to fill out that form for Katimavik. First I had to wait in the waiting room for 45 minutes, then I had to wait in the doctor's office for 20 minutes. When I finally saw her, she wanted to talk about the results of my therapist appointment. I'm going to see a sleeping therapist for insomnia, and get a reassessment for ADD. I don't know if I mentioned that here.

Anyway, once we got around to the form, I was a little annoyed by the form saying I needed to be in "excellent physical and mental condition". I mean, that's all well and good, but I didn't enjoy sitting there and saying that I was so excellent. Made me feel cocky.

And where my doctor had to make notes about depression, anxiety, learning difficulties, insomnia, Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D deficiency, it was pretty awkward, because the form made it seem like it was some high-end program, and she didn't want to ruin my chances, but at the same time, she had her integrity as a doctor.

But she was interested in boosting my credentials. She put down that we were waiting on a reassessment for the learning disabilities, that I was diagnosed when I was very young, that my anxiety and depression were likely linked to events, rather than being inherent qualities of my personality. She also asked to get my Certificate of Completion for W2W to demonstrate my recent abilities.

Also, I was supposed to bring a form with my signature of consent. I didn't, because that's on the forms I needed to fill out, but I shouldn't have made assumptions. And she wants my history for hepatitis shots, or something. I dunno, she wrote all this down, so I can go and check.

Anyway, so I need those three things. Getting my medical history might be a bit of a chore, but the other two things are easy. Hopefully I can hand this into the front desk by Monday.

Sheesh, the less likely you are to get in, the more work you need to put into it, getting all these forms and stuff to prove your weaknesses. That seems cruel.

Louise came by today, and we ate lunch. She says I can bring my karate coupons and hand them out over at her place on Halloween, which is very nice.

Since it was the last Thursday of the month, it was "grading" or whatever that means, at karate. Apparently it's something for blackbelts. So there wasn't any class, and I couldn't get my blue stripe.

No comments:

Post a Comment