Saturday, October 3, 2009

Still sick today. I think I've gotten sicker. It's got to have been over a week now. It hasn't been so incapacitating all the way through, but it was pretty bad to start, and it's gotten really quite bad. I can't remember, is this normal? Aren't I supposed to get better in a day or two? People take a day off work due to illness, not like, a week. This hasn't gotten in the way of my work yet, but if I were working more regularly, it really might have. Well, not since it hit hardest on the weekend, but... if I had regular work, and it didn't hit on the weekend, then it would be bad!

Louise came over to our house for the first time today, and she bought me pizza! Yeah, a medium-sized one all to myself, 'cause I'm sick!

I found out this blog shows up if you Google my full name. At first I thought it was because it's connected to my Google account, which has my full name, but it turns out that it's actually because I said my full name in one of my posts. So I I replaced all but the first letter of my middle names and last name with *'s. I don't particularly want employers finding this, place, just on general principle.

Hey, just an interesting fact: my name contains the initials GWB.... George W Bush... Also, my full initials can stand for Great Wet... BS (Don't know if I want to keep this place family-friendly or not, so you can guess the last two words).

Anyway, those are just interesting plays off my name. Enjoy them.

1 comment:

  1. However, your intelligence is far greater than W's.

    You can actually get sick enough to need a week off work, or maybe more, depending on what you get. Unless I've had something before and know how long it tends to take before it passes, I'll typically wait a day or two, and if it doesn't clear up on its own, I head over to a prompt care place ... no appointment necessary, kind of like an emergency room for non-emergencies. I don't have a physician, which is dumb because I'm old enough to be going for regular checkups and I'm not, but anyway this place is relatively cheap and they do a good job. The only thing you miss is not having a single person who knows your medical history.

    Of course that's here and things are likely quite different there ... these days I hear something like that usually in the midst of a paragraph about DEATH CAMPS and LOSING INSURANCE and COMMIE PINKO HEALTH CARE NUTS and how WE DON'T WANT THAT. (The "WE" in that instance being rich, hateful people who already have great insurance and couldn't care less about the rest of us.) But hopefully there is a place you can go to find out if you're really sick and need medicine or if it's one of those things that will pass with time.

    ReplyDelete