Friday, October 9, 2009

Omegle

Sorry I couldn't get on this night. I know this is the second time I've missed an update in a pretty closely-spaced increment, but it's not because of my weakening resolve! Sometimes I just can't get on the computer when I think I'll be able to.

Anyway, I made a doctor's appointment yesterday. Oct 29th. It's for these Katimavik forms.

I got all my webcomics on the old computer transferred to the new, so that's pretty neat.

Augh... You know what I tried out? You ever heard of Omegle? It's a chat function that allows you to talk to strangers randomly and anonymously from around the world. I was having insomnia and it came to me that I might see if somebody had a cure for it.

Well, thing is, almost everyone on there is a guy, and almost everyone uses it to look for girls who will send them dirty pictures of themselves. A common question they ask is "ASL", which means "age, sex, location". So if I were being honest, I'd be a 20/M/Canada.

I... have to think these guys must get some kind of result, or why would they keep going there?

There's a subgroup of people within the Omegle community who will repeat used jokes at you and then disconnect. If you're able to guess the joke and repeat it at them before they're finished, though, they'll stick around and talk.

So if someone says "Knock knock" and you say "Who's there?" and they say "Disco" and instead of saying "Disco who?" you say "DISCONNECTED!!!!!" then they're more likely to stick around.

So I got a few "trolls" (the jokers), because I know some of these jokes, but the universal advice that was given to me to cure my insomnia was "get laid". When I told them I didn't have anyone to lay, they would all tell me to "get a whore".

...So that didn't help me much.

I got a few of the other types to talk to me, first by people who assumed I was female, like Steve here:

"Stranger: Hey, I'm 19/male/us. Wanna trade some naughty pics with me? I've got my camera, and I'm willing to do almost anything."

And then later because I told them I was a female with MSN and a webcam. Aha... Dirty trick, I know, but it's funny how they'll um... listen to you if you say you're female. If you tell them you think they're a disgusting pervert with bad intentions, all of a sudden they'll want to make pleasant conversation. They're not perverted, they just like meeting people. Why only women? Because they like women, because women are sensitive and caring, just like them, but unlike men in general! Wanna send some pics? No? Alright, well, how was your day?

And then it all made sense. These people are coming to this place to find women because they are finding women. But they aren't really women. They're just men who are pretending to be women.

What a pathetic place. And nobody wound up having a cure for my insomnia.

I did, however, meet an alleged female, who I talked to for TWO HOURS! And now I know her supposed nationality, ethnicity, family background, birthday, first and last name. I have her MSN now, too, and probably her Facebook. Sheesh. I'm a real sucker for a pretty text. Don't worry! Considering my past, I understand what an ominous sign is. I'm not taking this any further.

No comments:

Post a Comment