Monday, October 5, 2009

Vitamin D, Farmer's Market

Well, I got my SIN card today. I also talked to the person in charge of scheduling things with my family doctor. It took me almost all day, calling every half hour or so, before I got someone. Turns out my vitamin D levels are low. That's not too surprising, though, since Mom and Duncan both have the same thing, and she'd told Mom previously that since she's been there, everyone has proved deficient in vitamin D. Guess my zinc levels are good, though.

It's funny how epic they make the treatment sound. You need to take 1000 units per day! Each pill contains 1000 units!

Mom and Louise and another person gave their first attempt at selling jewellery last Saturday at the farmer's market. I forgot to say. They got discouraging results. I'm not too surprised. It was an unknown environment, and they hadn't put a lot of thought into marketing. It also doesn't seem like the most likely place to find a wide market for their niche group.

I hope they don't get too discouraged. Even if they do the farmer's market again, now that they've seen how things work there, they have a better chance. And there's more likely markets than the farmer's market for them, too.

I'm not adding anything to my resume yet. I haven't learned enough, and they haven't become established enough for me to feel confident in putting my work down as actual experience.

Today my ears clogged up, and all day I've been dizzy. One time, my ears squeaked, and another time, they made a ripping sound. That's a little... unsettling.

However, I've been stagnant for too long and I'm going a bit haywire. My schedule is way off balance and totally random, so I'm having difficulty focusing. I need to get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment