Friday, October 23, 2009

Recession, Health Stuff

I think that my troubles updating recently have fully countered my rapid-posting stint awhile back. I tried updating at the library today, but I ran out of time, since I had to share with some other stuff. I got some writing done, but I had to save it half-finished. Luckily, the Internet here turned on.

So... you know what I kind of think about this recession? I think society as we know it is going to go under any day now, and in our defenseless state, all those countries that have been wanting a piece of us are going to storm in, and because we haven't been conditioned to survive in such an environment, our population will be cut down severely. After a length of civil warring, North America will divide into a series of smaller nations, a caste system will open up, and we will be on the lowest caste.

...Anyway, I was going to get my blue stripe in karate yesterday, but since counseling occurred during that time, I missed my chance. I know I can get my blue stripe, and I know I can get my green stripe. Yellow probably won't stop me. Black is hard. Blue, white and yellow are just a series of moves. I already got white, I've got blue down, and yellow's coming along. Green is attendance, and Red is self-defense. I've got red.

Black is a kata. A kata is a series of moves that you have to remember and execute in a set pattern. It's like a dance. A fight-dance. Anyway, I'm no good at it.

You need to have white, red, blue, yellow, green and black stripes to go to the next belt level. I don't know the belt levels too well. I know white is the weakest, yellow is the second-weakest. Brown is lower than green, green is lower than purple, and black is the highest.

I weighed myself recently, and I've lost ten pounds.

And yow! People have been on me about the weight thing recently! Losing the weight probably doesn't mean as much to me as it does to other people. Around the time I graduated from W2W, people have been heavy-implying that I needed to lose weight.

In their defense, I did weigh myself and it turned out I'd gained sixty pounds. I don't exactly know when it happened, I don't weigh myself too often.

In any case, it's a little depressing how people reacted to my weight gain. First of all, the art of implication is a jerk art. If the recipient doesn't catch it, it's pointless, and if they do, it doesn't make it any easier. It's just a way of saying something offensive without the recipient being able to talk back. It protects the talker, not the listener.

Secondly, really, physical appearance is not that important. When I was a child, I was taught to judge people by their actions. I think this is something that most children are taught, but it turns out that, for most people, it's not a lesson that comes too easy.

And even when it comes to health, I'll bet you that if you took all the amount of time a person who lives a healthy lifestyle spends concentrated on healthy living, then subtract the amount of extra time he got on his total lifespan, the time would be in the negative.

So if you can enjoy a healthy lifestyle, that's all well and good, but there's no point in trying to impress your ways on others.

No comments:

Post a Comment