Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mom's Business and Stuff

Yesterday Mom went to the farmer's market. They sold the same amount, but more expensive things were bought, which means they made a larger profit. So they've gone up this week from the week before, and they had gone up that week from the week before that..

Granddad came over today. It wasn't too cheerful a visit, as we mostly discussed financial difficulties.

He did, however, come up with a new product idea for Mom's business.

Ugh... I don't think I should call it Mom's business, since it was Louise's idea, materials, and knowledge that got this going. But I can't exactly call it Louise's business because she's made it clear that Mom is a partner, and an equal, and Mom's my mom, so it'd be rude for me to call the business by another name, when she stands on equal footing. But I can't call it Mom's and Louise's, because there's a third partner, whom I'm not so close to, but if I name two out of three, the third person becomes actively excluded.

So there's nothing I can call it here without it being awkward. Seems the company name keeps changing, too.

Anyway, so it was Granddad's idea to market these little bugs made out of... mechanical pieces. I think you can find them inside computers. Mom made him and Oma one some years back, I think while she was still in college. Anyway, they're cool. Gonna make larger ones as general decorations, like for a desk or whatever, and then smaller ones as earrings.

I don't know if I said before, but they started out exclusively on earrings? Yeah, well, they've recently expanded. They're doing finger rings, and these little statues. I think they'll be doing decoratively-shaped panels that surround light switches. And they can apparently do stained glass now, too, which I'm not sure what they'll do with.

They're doing festive ones, too. Got a Halloween line, but it's only going up the day of Halloween. I think it would've been good to have a week of prep time for the customers. They've got a Christmas line started, though, and they'll put that out well in advance.

Apparently there's a lot of other people at the farmer's market that sell jewellery. That's weird. Nothing wrong with it... It's just not what jumps to mind when I picture a farmer's market.

When they get their website here, I'll link it on this blog. If they get their images... on this computer somehow, before they get the website up, then I'll post images. If I can figure out how to post images onto here.

Seems they've got a regular weekly table at the farmer's market. That's no small thing. It's not huge, either, but it's not like everyone's guaranteed a spot.

Otherwise, I did inventory on the rough copies of my webcomic. I should have had over twenty stories, but it turns out that, for some reason, I only have fifteen. I'm really hoping I didn't give them to my ex. I know I was lending her copies... I don't think I lent six, at any rate!

Huh. I don't think I have any bargaining chips on my side, if it turns out this is what happened.

I have my Fall pics uploaded on the computer. I'd like to post them here if I can, so I hope to have that figured out by tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Posting images seems to be pretty straightforward: see here for details.

    ReplyDelete