Saturday, October 10, 2009

Roaches, MSN, Google, Facebook

Well, today Granddad came over, and I learned some distressing news about our financial situation. I don't want to go too far into finances on this blog. But in any case, it led me to some activity.

I finally got around to putting in some action toward possibly getting driving lessons, but it looks like the problem lies with car insurance. I'll put a bit more thought into it.

We debated about cockroaches, too. We've got a cockroach problem over here, and I won't kill them. If they carried germs or helped spread disease or illness in any way it'd be a different story, but did you know that cockroaches not only repel germs naturally, but that they're very cleanly? That means that the problem is purely visual, and how am I supposed to have a clean conscience, knowing that I'm destroying life based on visuals? Granddad said that a cockroach problem is something that superintendents care about, because it discourages potential buyers, and that the law favours the visual people, so that means we might have to be sent out and have the apartment sprayed. Alright, first of all, I don't think we're the only ones with this problem and I don't think we're the ones with the worst problem, secondly, nobody's given any inclination that there's any concern over this, and thirdly, how am I supposed to have a clean conscience, knowing that I'm kowtowing to someone who destroys life based on visuals? He said my conscience would be clean, but my life would be disrupted. I said that all you need in life is a clean conscience.

Look, I'm not stopping anyone from killing them. I'm not discouraging anyone from killing them. I'm willing to help clean and to discourage the roaches from staying here, but I'm just not going to actively kill them until they harm me in some way.

My room is the only room in the house that is untouched by the roaches. I think they're too disgusted to enter.

I've made Mom and Duncan feel guilty about killing roaches, even though I haven't been trying. My passivity really pisses everyone off. I guess this is what vegetarians must go through to some degree.

Also, I'd like to point out that every Friday I've updated on this blog, I've posted something that I wasn't sure I wanted to. First time I posted about my encyclopedic knowledge of a fictional series that I'm too old for and which has a bad stigma, the next I posted about playing a perverted video game, and the next I posted about pretending to be a woman in anonymous chat. I'm thinking of making this a theme. Humiliation Friday or something.

I think I'm finally feeling a little bit better, illness-wise.

Whoa! I went on MSN today, and huh! I never use MSN, except on the rare occasion some snooty so-and-so will be all "I only will talk on MSN." But I lost contact with a few of those, and because it never occurred to me to use it except for at specific times when I set up dates, for some reason, it never registered in my mind to use it for the function it's intended to be used as... That is, as a way of finding people when they're not actively trying to be found. Or even when they're trying to avoid you. Ha! Everyone is still using their old accounts, and I reacquainted myself with an old friend, and we've decided to get together sometime.

I made a group on Facebook called I Hate Toucans some time ago. I'll copy/paste it's contents into my review blog, as it is a review of toucans: http://gryphonsreviews.blogspot.com/2009/10/toucans.html

Anyway, today I was sending out personal messages containing links to the group to all the users named Toucan Sam, and eventually Facebook stopped me, telling me it's sensors indicated that I was being annoying and that if I continued it would ban me. Seriously. I wish I'd done a print screen. Darn.

Also, I did a Google search on my name today, and it my blog still comes up. It has the old information with me stating my name on the front screen, but when you click it, it brings you to the new information. Turns out Facebook does archives.

In this particular post, I'm complaining about the Katimavik forms, talking about blowing off plans, and taking a jewellery crafting position. Sooo... For one, it would be bad if Katimavik Googled me. Two, it'd be bad if... lots of people Googled me.

This is the negative side to having a unique name. If I were named Tom Smith, nobody'd find any info on me.

So my new plan is to drown out the info. Get a bunch of new stuff with my full name on it to have more hits and get that post off the front page. I'm... not going to do it with this post. But be prepared for some obnoxiously wholesome posts in the future.

Also, a lot of people are talking about me in a variety of foreign languages, linking a Facebook post I made talking about a weird phone call we got, which came from a number with only three digits, and which only spoke a bizarre code in the message. I'm getting paranoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment