Friday, October 16, 2009

Mysterious Scuffle, Webcomic

Huh! So yesterday there was a violent outbreak across the street. Lots of shouting, a group of people occasionally falling into grappling with each other, people coming out of their home to watch at some very late hour, and eventually, a full on chase as the police showed up and proceeded to pursue them on foot after one of them sped off when he saw him. I watched it all through my window. The guy did get caught.

Something about a breaking-and-entering occurring over where this happened was in the newspaper today, but it was dated the night before I saw this happen. I have no faith in newspapers, though, after they got the timing wrong on something I was witness to a couple years back, or perhaps it would be more accurate to say, something I didn't witness, but should have according to the paper.

What I didn't witness was a lock-down procedure at my high school when a guy apparently brandished a weapon on school property. According to the newspaper, it happened during a time when I was at the school, but it didn't. It happened the next period. I have a schoolful of witnesses.

Anyway, in this case, I did see something happen across the street on the night they specify as well. A group of people screaming at each other, occasionally grappling, breaking away from each other, and engaging each other again. Basically the same scenario that I saw last night, but the police didn't get involved that time. I thought it was the same people in conflict both times, too.

The article in the paper wasn't clear about what happened. It says that one person broke into a house, and then the house owner forcibly removed three people, and then one person was punished. What was up with the other two people who were forcibly removed? Well, the numbers are right. The group in conflict was a group of four, with one person against three, but it seemed like it was the one person standing alone that the cops took after, so that's kind of the opposite.

Utterly baffling.

Anyway, I uploaded my webcomic for the first time in a long time due to technical difficulties, and it turns out I was favourited sometime in my absence. And when I updated yesterday, I got watched and favourited!

Alright, so I'm not releasing my webcomic's specific location, but I will say for clarification on my terminology that I'm talking deviantART. If you know where that is, you'll know that success there doesn't always translate to success elsewhere, since all of the people who frequent it are so nauseatingly positive. However, I'm still surprised at the level of success I've had, since I'm dealing with material I originally came up with when I was 13.

On my more recent account, I have four submissions, two watchers, and two favourites. That averages out one watcher or one favourite per update. On my previous account, I gained a watcher and two favourites for five updates. Not as good but still formidable.

I know... Nine updates and I've been talking like I regularly update since the start of this blog. I'll carry that shame.

The reason I abandoned my old account was because it was the one where I associated with the FILTHY TRAITORS! And also, my ex helped with the artwork on a few of them, and while she admittedly said I could keep them, and they're better than I could do, I still wanted to start afresh. I'd rather rise up as an unknown than as a guy with cred from a bunch of traitors for a bunch of different stuff.

Actually, having given up my advantage makes it odd that I'm doing better this time around. Oh wait... I was only talking about the success I had unrelated to my advantage on the previous account. My ex favourited my first three updates, and a friend of mine favourited another one.

But still! More attention from strangers this time around.

Yeah, yeah, I know my old account could be traced back to my new one, but if that happened, it wouldn't be the end of the world. I feel bad about my one stranger watcher from my previous account.

I also have a Drunk Duck account, but I forgot the sizing for it, and it's fallen two updates behind. Also, I haven't received any success there.

Total score (from strangers): Nine updates, three watchers, four favourites

The other day at karate we practised self defense and since there weren't any people near my belt rank, I had to do advanced grappling with a purple belt. Turns out, it's impossible to break my bearhug grapple using a traditional technique. Or at least, two purple belts and two black belts couldn't. I brought attention to myself from the entire dojo. Then, in wrestling, I bested two purple belts, but lost three times to a black belt. I'm not sure if it's cool or a little depressing to have such advanced accomplishments so early on.

I was feeling really down that day, so the accomplishments made by my webcomic, along with the accomplishments at karate, cheered me up some.

No comments:

Post a Comment