Monday, October 12, 2009

Thanksgiving, Facebook, Decoy Posts

Looks like my late-night postings have been hampered a bit. I'm going to have to do my daily updates at pretty random intervals throughout the day now, until we get the desktop back.

Today is Canadian Thanksgiving. It's a time to reflect on your life and count what you're thankful for. Since they say that it's not what a man owns, but what he enjoys that comprises his riches, I really don't have anything to be thankful for.

...

Anyway, so obviously Facebook doesn't understand the difference between "annoying" and "delightful", because the only feedback I've received from my messages to all the Toucan Sams out there is that the membership of I Hate Toucans has grown! HA! Not from Toucan Sam, but some other guy. I think what I'll do is lower the quantity and frequency of my messages per day and more cautiously continue this same plan until every Toucan Sam has received a message. I may also switch up the content of each message a little so I don't get marked down as sending the same message over and over.

So my mom thinks I'm being weird because I won't go to the farmer's market with her and the others to try and sell jewelery. Look, I'll do work for them, I'll blog about it, and I'll put it on my resume, but I'm not going to go out there and let myself be at the mercy of hundreds of people whose opinions will be formed mainly on a quick eyeballing. I need some room to defend myself, yo!

Hey, y'know what I thought of? There's no reason I have to keep posting once a day until that one that made Google is distant in the archives to put out my decoy posts. I can update as much as I want, every day, and make my decoy posts at my leisure!

Anyway, I'm done for now. I may post later again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment