Friday, February 5, 2010

Accepted into Katimavik!

I got into Katimavik!  The 6-month Cultural Discovery and Civic Engagement program starting March 3rd, to be exact. There were three other courses I may have been slotted into had I not gotten into this one, and if I didn't make any, I would have been put on a waiting list and had three more shots at getting in before I passed the age cap, and they make you select an order of preference, so I thought my chances of getting into my ideal program selection at the ideal time was slim, but that's exactly what I got!  I thought my chances of getting in at all were pretty bad, since the forms asked some pretty in-depth questions, some of which I thought put me at a disadvantage, as I've said, and because the economy has been so bad to this area, and since they select based in part on geography, I thought that would increase the amount of Ontarian applicants, which would decrease my chances.

They're going to give me a call and tell me what I should bring, and they're going to... test my French skills. They already know I barely know a word, and they say that it won't impact my selection... That decision has been made, but they want to make sure that I... can't speak French, I guess. Jeez, if I could speak French, I would think pretending I couldn't speak it wouldn't be too hard.

I don't know how my Internet access will be. I think it depends on the team leader and my current location. But I also might get a Katimablog, so I could just hit you guys up for a link there, and it might not change things too much for you dedicated readers.

Well, I guess I'll be charging care of my rabbit and cactus over to Mom and Duncan. Now Mom will get my room for her Hep C treatment and me and Duncan won't have to share. Me and Duncan had already volunteered to share a room. I don't like to admit it, but Mom's been sleeping on the couch. Hey! She volunteered! And it's a couch-bed! She decides to use it in couch form! Also, me and Duncan had spent our whole lives sharing a room, Mom was just taking a turn!

Looks like I'll be sharing a room with four other guys now, though!

In my brother's RP, I had my character kicked off a train so that his ability to catch up to the rest of the group would be determined by whether or not I got into Katimavik. Looks like it will take him six months.

I am going to have to update this blog every day, and go to every karate class, and go to the ReStore, and update every one of my comics, until I go to Katimavik. Those are my resolutions! Ha, you're not allowed to make them over a month has passed since the New Year, and these only count until March 3rd. I don't know if you're allowed to make one-month resolutions, either....

No comments:

Post a Comment