Thursday, February 18, 2010

Going to Toronto, Saying Goodbye, Writing Course

Forgot to say I was surprised that my Katimaroute has me down for ADD, Generalized Anxiety and Dysthymia... just because both my doctor and my psychiatrist's notes seemed totally unreadable!

I made a hard phonecall today... I don't feel like going into details, but it turned out well.

Gonna be in Toronto visiting my Dad and Aunt over the next two or three days, collecting my Katimavik gear and saying goodbye to my Torontonian contacts, so don't expect any updates.

Today, I managed to tell my karate people that I'm leaving for six months. They were the final group of people that needed telling. It's hard when you've got your own division that your growing with in ability, and to think that, when you get back, you'll be in a separate division. There's also a fellow in his sixties who has taken to mentoring me, and that's hard... I told them all that I'll look into studying while I'm abroad, but... between you and me, unknown public... there's really not much of a chance of that. It's true that I've got my belt and certificate, and there's dojos everywhere, and they usually welcome people in my situation, but... Katimavik doesn't want you doing anything but Katimavik, and really, that's fair. Even if they did, I'm allotted very little free time... A lot less than a 9-to-5 job, I think. They're slightly vague about it, but I get the impression they're gonna work me hard, and they won't let up.

My writing class has extended indefinitely. My teacher is doing the Olympics. I think writing about it...? She said "Doing the Olympics" but I think...
...
...
...No, readers, we are too mature for that joke.

I was actually going to make a joke about her PARTICIPATING in the Olympics. I only got stupid when I wrote that phrase out in that way.

Anyway she's busy, this is a new format of teaching, there's technical difficulties... But I have to make sure this all ends next week.

I think someone in my class dropped out. He hasn't submitted his last assignment, and that was like... a week ago, and we haven't heard from him. Too bad. He was a really vocal member of the group, and since two of the members knew each other before the class, with him gone, everyone in the group has history together except me.

I have now completed 15 games of Scrabble and have a 40% win percent. I'm winning the current game, though!

My school has already pooled together a number of items and are ready for pick-up! It'll have to be next week, though, since I'm leaving pretty early tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment