Monday, February 1, 2010

Mix and Match

Sorry, I've been trying to update this blog, but having some difficulty. Last time I tried, it just said "ERROR" in giant red text across the top of my screen with no explanation. Here's the post you guys missed that day:

A little while ago, Mom went to have her final examination to make sure that she was still eligible for Hepatitus C treatment, which she is. The final confirmation that she'll get it still needs to happen, but there's no reason to think that she wouldn't.

The due date for my second writing course assignment has passed, and I made it. This time, my time management actually seems to have paid off.

My Katimaroute says my criminal record check has a follow-up required STILL! I'll need to do a follow-up on that tomorrow.

I've had killer insomnia. My schedule is all turned around. This time, I got my 3 hours between 10 PM and 1 AM. I'm not up late right now. I'm up early.

Salinger died, eh? 91 years old. He was involved in all those practices that he believed would drastically prolong his lifespan, but looks like it didn't work. Ah, and I was rooting for him, too.

My loungewear tore, yo! Past repair! Less than a month, they lasted. How pathetic. Oh well, now I can wear my sweat pants again. They became too large for me, but now I have suspenders!

Hey, remember how, a while back, I cleaned my room? Yeah, well, since then I'd been making a real effort to maintain it, but somehow, it's trashed again. Oh well.

I calculated my grade point average based on how the U of G said they did it. It's 69.5%. You need 70% to get into university. 75% now for the U of G, but the general cut off is 70%. See, if I'd taken only the mandatory grade 12 courses, they would have taken into account my grade 11 grades, but since I had six grade 12 credits, they used them even though my grade 11 would have easily seen me through. What's extra painful is that I did pretty good on five of those six grade twelve courses, but because my grades fluctuated so harshly, number six dragged my average all the way down.

The moon has been glorious. Humongous, round, and clear. It was just orange, and full, a day or two ago. It really sucks that I can't find my camera.

Just finished a new videogame. No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle. That's a "grown up" game, so you should read the review when I'm finished. It's four pages so far, and I'm not all that close to done. Normally, I don't get into the more gritty titles. People who look for that kind of heaviness in a game are usually looking to videogames for what I'm looking for in literature. You even get the same kind of snobbery in those guys that you see in more well-read people.

But NMH is less thuggish and more psychopathic, so I like it. And since snobs play it, it sure has opened some new conversation dynamics.

I sure have been finishing more videogames than books lately. I wonder why. Probably like I said above... I don't feel the need for anything so heavy at this time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment