Saturday, February 6, 2010

More Katimavik, Karate, Rabbit

Well, I think I told everyone except a few Facebook, MSN and Karate connections about getting into Katimavik. Took longer than I thought it would. I know a surprisingly high number of people! And just as I thought, the congratulatory lunches/dinners are rolling in! Someone better get me Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations for a going away present!

Katimavik makes their selections by taking the percentages of people living in the various provinces throughout Canada and turning that into a group of ten, with five males and five females. I'd heard somewhere that other than that factoring, it's a random selection. If that's true, though, then what's the deal with the gargantuan forms? Especially the opinions section!

I did really well in Ways2Work, which was a group life-coaching thing, like this is, which is one reason that I think I'll be good for Katimavik, but I'm still a little nervous, because W2W's selection was based on personality compatibility within the group, whereas Katimavik's selection is based on geographic incompatibility. I know they can't factor personality in too much for Katimavik, because they barely know anything about me.

Jeez, I'll have 24 chapters of Naruto to read when I get back...

Dang, I probably don't have enough time to ferret out those data management and telemarketing positions before I go... I know those aren't exactly power-moves, but I like to expend all my resources.

I've been able to watch bits and pieces of those Eskrima Stick classes at my dojo, because they come directly before my classes. They have like, two students starting from scratch and a number of karate blackbelts that are looking to add to their repertoire, but the new people are the only ones that show up regularly. It looks like a really tough-guy art. There are no uniforms, and the teacher wears all these skulls and things, and he's got this big ol' beard and long hair. Doesn't take away from his integrity as a teacher or a person. He seems like a nice guy and a quality teacher from what I've seen, but it's quite the contrast when you have all of us in our formal attire, and then you've got these biker-looking fellows bashing things with sticks. I'd probably look right at home in that class, what with me being a bruiser-type, but I've grown to like the formality of my art.

I made a topic in my creative writing class on Salinger's death, and NOBODY responded! They call themselves writers?! I got two responses on my brother's forum!

I found someone to help teach me how to drive when I get back from Katimavik.

I was trying to get some pictures of my pet rabbit, but he was too fast for me! It takes all I have just to keep up with him and make sure he doesn't chew any electrical cords when I let him out... Chasing him with a camera and trying to get a picture is nigh on impossible! I'll just have to take some of him in his cage...

No comments:

Post a Comment