Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Katimavik, Cat Attack, MSN, Karate

Today I got a notification that a sleeping bag sent from my Uncle has arrived. I also got a cheque for $150 from those employment counselors I only saw once. Tomorrow I'm collecting donations from my school.

My cat slashed my face three times today. No reason at all. It's so weird, because remember, he attacked my hand a little while ago? I said before that it was because I touched a cat urine-melted metal object with that hand, but it's not like I ever touched it with my face! And when I was petting him later in the day I saw him go through the sudden change. He suddenly stopped purring, and when I went to pet him he flinched away from me. I think if I hadn't stopped before I touched him, he would have attacked me again.

I'm the only person he's like this with! And it never happened before the incident with my hand! What's weird is that he's been acting generally normal with me. He's just going through weird fits.

I had an interesting MSN conversation today. Remember how I said I was friended by someone I don't know? Well, I saw that she was available for chat, so I decided to find out more about her. I didn't record our conversation, so I'll outline it rough from memory. Only doing this because I'm pretty sure it doesn't violate the privacy policy, because I'm pretty sure she was a robot, but nonetheless, I'll censor her name, just in case.

Gryphon: Hi
???: Hi baby want to see me naked?
Gryphon: What?! Who are you?!
???: A friend told me about you and said you'd like me.
Gryphon: All of my MSN friends are female and my account is untraceable, so I find that unlikely.
???: Don't you like me?
Gryphon: What's your motivation? Why do you want me to like you?
???: I know a fun way to chat. Do you have a cam?
Gryphon: No.
???: K
???: Join this site (link)
Gryphon: Are you a spambot?
???: I just need you to join this site because I've been recorded on other sites. On this one I can't be recorded.
Gryphon: Hi
???: Don't you want to see me naked?
Gryphon: Kind of but I don't trust you.
???: What kind of panties should I wear? Maybe I have your favorite color.
Gryphon: Who are you?
???: I'll do anything you want.

I closed the chat box and opened a new one to continue testing if she was a spambot. That's why two of my last statements were similar to two near the beginning. I wanted to see if she would respond in the same way. Here's the next chatbox.

Gryphon: Hi
???: Are you on the site?
Gryphon: No

And then I logged off. Stupid! Now that I write all that down, it looks like she wasn't a spambot after all. I really thought she was for some stupid reason. Actually, let's see if she's available to chat right now...

Oh she is! Let's figure this out!

Oh... she just logged out. Right when I made myself appear online (I was appearing offline though I was logged in). If she were a human, and trying to avoid me after I jilted her that's how she'd act.

Alright, I'm back to appearing offline... Now I wait.

Anyway, don't click on stranger's links online. There are a few spambots that even get to this blog. Have you seen the ones that are a series of dots that all link to separate sites? Yeah well, only click on those if you want your computer tanked with viruses.

My writing course teacher says she'll get her notes to me by Wednesday, then I'll hand in my final project by Monday or earlier. If things work out that way that's fine.

Something bad happened to that guy who hasn't been showing up for class. Someone made a topic saying they were sorry to hear about the accident, and that he should be taking it easy. I responded "What happened?! Accident?!", and he responded his thanks to the person who showed concern and said that it was hard to type. Nobody responded to me!

Looks like my dojo raked in the medals at the inter-school tournament. In the kata competition, we got the gold and silver. Kata is one of the largest areas so that's impressive. The person who won gold was a 13 (maybe 14) year old girl, and an orange belt (3rd belt out of 10). She beat our other guy, a brown belt (8th belt) by 0.01 points. Because that portion wasn't separated into belt divisions, that means that she beat every black belt from every school that showed up. That's why she received a "Grand Championship" and not just a standard gold. She, along with her partner, another 13 or 14 year old girl, won the championship for self-defenses, but apparently nobody entered that competition except them, so they won by default. Another brown belt from our dojo got a couple golds and a bronze in his belt division.

The brown belt that lost to the orange belt was sulking about it to the rest of us privately. He said that he only lost because judges expect more from higher ranks. Nobody was too impressed. Everyone likes to root for the little guy. If you want to be the higher-ranked and more physically imposing yet still liked, you have to act ashamed if you win against someone with a disadvantage (people will still hate you, but not as much as if you're proud) and you have to smile, laugh, congratulate your opponent and tell them what a great job they did when you lose.

It's David vs Goliath syndrome, and this brown belt guy probably didn't realize he was suddenly Goliath after spending his life as David. I've never been anything but Goliath.

Actually, since these two girls are in my general belt division, it's caused me some trouble. They show up every single class, and are undoubtedly the hardest trainers in the dojo. Even the hyper-intense people from overseas that show up every class won't jump on every opportunity to expand their workload the way these two do.

Since I show up the most frequently of anyone in our belt division besides them, I'm the person they train with the most. And see, they can't break my grabs. In self-defenses, you're taught how to escape from holds. White belts learn wrist grabs, yellows learn shoulder grabs, oranges learn strangles etc. The expectation is that every grab can be countered. Now, the best person at disproving that theory is me. One time I went through every belt purple (6) and higher, and nobody could break out of my underarm bear hug using the traditional method, not even the head sensei.

So if I go easy on these girls, they get mad, and if I go hard, they can't break it and get mad. I'm the only person in the dojo they don't talk to. I've seen them go so far as tell the head sensei if I'm doing something wrong, and then he tells me.

Eventually you gain the distinct feeling that you're an obstacle meant to be surpassed, rather than a person who has the right to try and be the best they can be, and be proud of overcoming personal challenges.

Okay, so in a situation like that, it's not like we're fighting, so being glad of their success doesn't count against me, and if they don't talk to me, I can't complain until I try talking to them, especially since I have seniority.

But what can I say? When I was 13, I couldn't talk to girls. Now, I talk to lots, and I thought that was because I'd gained maturity with age. But no, it turns out that 13-year-old females are just impossible to talk to.

Well, whatever. Now to check MSN... Oh, she's on! Here I goooooo!!!!

....Some time passes.....

....Disappointing. This time I got the conversation:

Don't include information like passwords or credit card numbers in an instant message.

Gryphon says:
Hello
krystennordenstrom16@hotmail.com says:
hows it going sweety
Gryphon says:
Not bad how are you?
krystennordenstrom16@hotmail.com says:
i'm 21/female want to see me?
Gryphon says:
I already know that
Don't you remember me?
krystennordenstrom16@hotmail.com says:
one of ur friends gave me ur id and I promised not to tell, he said you would like me!
Gryphon says:
Who?
krystennordenstrom16@hotmail.com says:
k
Gryphon says:
I'm going to post this in my blog if you're cool with that
Just tell me not to and I won't
krystennordenstrom16@hotmail.com says:
nice, I finally got some time to relax ?
Gryphon says:
You said that last time and I have no idea what that means
krystennordenstrom16@hotmail.com says:
I know a way we can chat and have a better time.. do you have cam?
Gryphon says:
yes
krystennordenstrom16@hotmail.com says:
k
Gryphon says:
Alright follow that up with something
krystennordenstrom16@hotmail.com says:
Well i don't do yahoo cam or any other cam because i have been recorded before... But i do know one site you can watch me on, it assures me that I wont be recorded...
Gryphon says:
Oh wow what site could this be?
krystennordenstrom16@hotmail.com says:
Im sorry sweety I mean... Do you want to see me on my cam?
Gryphon says:
No
krystennordenstrom16@hotmail.com says:
check me out at http://www.freecamlink.net/k6j5 accept the invite on the page baby
Gryphon says:
You're a spambot most def
I'm going to unfriend you
krystennordenstrom16@hotmail.com says:
sweety, fill out the info .. i can not wait for you to see me baby let me find something nice to wear
Gryphon says:
Hey, that's different
krystennordenstrom16@hotmail.com says:
its the sites policy to ensure no minors get access to the site, so they might ask for CC to verify your age babe.
Gryphon says:
I think you phrased that different then before
No not that last bit
krystennordenstrom16@hotmail.com says:
What color Panties do you think i should wear? i might have you favorite color here somewhere...
Gryphon says:
Same as before
krystennordenstrom16@hotmail.com says:
Your such a good boy, i'm gonna show you what good boys deserve.. you can tell me to do anything you want me too do!
Gryphon says:
But your intro was a bit different and your rate of posting
krystennordenstrom16@hotmail.com says:
Ok let me know when you get in so I can invite you directly to my cam.
Gryphon says:
And it seems that if I open a separate chat you speak differently
krystennordenstrom16@hotmail.com says:
u have to enter a cc, atm, debit card,or even a gift card,so they can check to see if your minor, thats the only way to see me sweety
Gryphon says:
If you're a bot, though why didn't they give you better spelling and punctuation?
I mean, they had the time
krystennordenstrom16@hotmail.com says:
k you in yet babe??
Gryphon says:
Oh that's what you said in the second chat last time
krystennordenstrom16@hotmail.com says:
k
Gryphon says:
You were still registering it as the original chat despite me having cancelled it.
But still, I remember the first time, you linked me in the first post, but this time you didn't.
I think you linked several more times than that, too.
Not talking anymore, eh?
I'm unfriending you.

No comments:

Post a Comment