Monday, February 8, 2010

Trip Back to Old High School, Mainly

I just remembered that men aren't supposed to get jealous because of people getting married, unless it's to a specific girl. It signifies desired dependency or something, so I take back yesterday's statement.

^Not really. I don't so much buy into the traditional male stigma, but I recently checked up on some people who have gotten divorces and are in new relationships, and the similarity of their behaviour between then and now is depressing. Doesn't your perception of your partner have any variation in accordance to WHO YOUR PARTNER ACTUALLY IS?!

Today I went and saw a teacher at my old high school who gave me a reference for Katimavik, and I wound up talking to several old teachers. I told them about not only Katimavik, but also about finding my father's side of the family, being reunited with my father, and getting the writing course scholarships.

A gaggle of high school girls were nearby, and they kept fawning over me like crazy! Gasping, sighing, blushing, giggling, laughing hysterically at my jokes, trying to make conversation, and one time bursting out with a spontaneous declaration of how cool one of them thought I was, followed by gasping blushing, giggling and trying to hide her face in her hands. Well, this is certainly different from when I was a student! It was funny that these teachers, who knew exactly how luckless I was with the ladies back in high school saw my newfound magnetism toward the opposite gender in action.

Ha, I don't usually blog about it, because I don't want to become a "Cassanova Douchebag" (I already went over the Musclehead and Artistic Douchebags in a previous update) and for the past couple months it seemed my magnetism was wearing off, but now it's back full-blown. This isn't even the only example of womankind expressing interest in me TODAY.

Don't worry, I'm still really inexperienced and have made very minimal expansion on the romantic field since I broke up with my ex. And I'm still your typical loser: a 20-year-old male, unemployed, not in school, and living with his Mom.

It's not good to mess with high school girls, but you can't help standing a bit straighter, talking a bit louder, and speaking a bit more theatrically when you're being showered with so much attention and praise.

Otherwise... uh.... Hey, do you remember that old cartoon, Samurai Pizza Cats? Don't you think that's the most awesome name for a show EVER?! Think about it... All three of those words are extreme power-words. It's hard to think of words more awesome than:
1) Samurai
2) Pizza
3) Cats

And they stapled all three of them together! Impossibly cool.

I don't know if I said, but I found a person to help teach me how to drive once I get bck from Katimavik.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think there's anything wrong with being adored by high school girls. Take advantage of it for as long as you can.

    I totally agree with pizza and cats. I might personally prefer ninjas to samurai (although I believe in my Wizardry days I used samurai more often, but IIRC ninjas could only be evil and I really don't play evil characters often), but then Ninja Pizza Cats doesn't have the same ring. It might have to be Pizza Cat Ninjas.

    ReplyDelete