Thursday, February 25, 2010

Photo Upload, Books

Alright here's my cop-out second post of the day, that I post just to say that I've posted it, and haven't fallen back on my word.

I uploaded three more Winter images to Gryphon's Gallery. Now I have seven images in one post, which I had to divide between two for Fall. The trick is, if you edit a post with images already in it, they'll let you upload as many as if you were starting fresh. I just edited my old Winter post, because I thought that my three images wouldn't be worth a new post, but now that I think on it, it would have been as even a divide as possible... Three in one, four in another.

Now that I've got seven, I've equaled Fall. I think I might have to edit a comment I made on an earlier Winter post, saying that I didn't have as much as Fall.

Anyway, here's the ink: http://gryphonsgallery.blogspot.com/2010/01/winter-2010.html

I got another $100. Not a new person. It's just that, my Uncle in Ireland's PayPal donation went through. I was worried before, because of PayPal's qualifier, that it wouldn't go through until Monday, which would be really pushing it. I'll probably be leaving next Tuesday, even though my flight is Wednesday, because of how early the flight is.

I got a $20 phonecard, which I'll be able to use while I'm traveling, though I don't know how sparsely. At any rate, all I need is one card, because it offers me OVER 600 HOURS!!!!! And I'm not being mislead. Having had a long-distance girfriend, I know the extent of worth on phonecards. This one will last six months (the duration of my trip, sans one week) and hold to it's word of six hundred hours.

Someone told me I had "an adventurer's spirit" today. I took that as a pretty high-grade compliment. I don't know how important it is to have an adventurer's spirit in the real world, or how it reflects on a person, generally, but I appreciated hearing that someone found me to be that way. I guess it's a quality I'd like to see in myself, even if I don't think it's a terribly important feature in most people.

Alright, looking over my book selection...

...I have to apologize to the two people who went to the trouble to recommend me books. I haven't got anything that you've suggested. What I have is...

Old Yeller by Fred Gipson
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg
The Coral Island by R.M. Ballantyne
Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad

Keep in mind that I'm not exactly angling to read stuff I like. I'm more angling to read stuff I can brag that I have read/write a scornful review about/have in the house.

I'm told Fried Green Tomatoes is kind of chick lit, but that's kind of why I'm reading it. I want to read at least one thing from every genre. I'm thinking I'll add a murder mystery to my list. We also have The Joy Luck Club, but I think we'll wait and see how I take to Fried Green Tomatoes first.

I was also thinking of taking Helter Skelter, the biography of a detective on the Charles Manson case, but I dunno... I know I'm only traveling in Canada, but... I don't want to toy with any sensitive spots in other cultures.

I'm also thinking of bringing Gandhi's Memoirs. I've been inching along with that for some time. Also, I've got a UFO conspiracy book and Plato, Aristotle, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's works.

No comments:

Post a Comment