Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Katimavik Update and Preparations for Leaving

I spoke with the transportation official at Katimavik, and I got the locations of where I will be going. First I'll be heading from Toronto to Charlottetown, where I'll stay only for three days and meet up with my peers and team leader, then we'll head to our first serious-business destination where we will do our first project. That will be Summerside, Prince Edward Island. After that it's Thunder Bay, Ontario, and after that, some small village in Northern Quebec that I don't remember the name of.

Our phone cut out at an awkward time and I missed Katimavik's call, so I had to call them back. Their main office is stationed in Quebec, and, interestingly enough, they give you the English option before anything else. I thought that in a primarily French-speaking community, French would come first, because in my English-speaking community, English is always the first option.

So my plane ticket has been ordered and the details will be posted on my Katimaroute. They're sending me a list of things I should pack, too, by mail.

I met up with an old W2W employment counselor... The guy I've been trying to beat at arm wrestling? Yeah, lost again.

Got my red stripe for my yellow belt in karate, though!

Aw, man... You know how people, before they die, feel a need to confess their sins? Well, BAD NEWS! I've been doing that. I guess it's because the future is hard enough to perceive that it feels like death. Not many people are interested in hearing my sins, though. C'mon! I listened to yours!

So keep reading, because this blog might get a little more spicy! I can't unload all my regrets yet, because life could still get painful in the span of three weeks. Make sure to read when I'm about to make my grand escape.

Unless you don't want to hear! Just like everyone!

So you know my friend who is getting married? Well, he's moving into our building! He doesn't know where we live, I don't think. He just made that decision by chance. What's his deal? Doing all this when I'm leaving!

Hey, you how everywhere has hand sanitizer nowadays? Well, my building does, now. In front of the first floor elevator. I actually use it, just because it's funny to get it in such a place.

No comments:

Post a Comment