Monday, February 22, 2010

Toronto Trip

I'm back from Toronto! While there, I did some shopping for Katimavik and got:
-Two T-shirts
-Two pairs of jeans
-Two pairs of dress pants
-Q pair of snow pants
-A pair of running shoes
-A pair of dress shoes
-A pair of insulated winter boots
-Some long underwear
-A hat
-A scarf

We couldn't find a pair of leather and fur mits ANYWHERE in Toronto! According to various salespeople, they're really hard to find, and really expensive once you find them. I'm looking to see if Katimavik will not harsh on me too bad if I just get some kind of equivalent, or if they'll at least tell me how to find them. One salesperson said that there's nothing in the world as warm as leather and fur. But I mean, the list they gave me was general. It needed to apply to the person with the lowest cold tolerance in the program, going to the coldest location they could send them, during the coldest time of the year. I don't freeze too easy and I'll be in my coldest location in mid-summer.

My teacher has requested I drop in Wednesday or Thursday to collect the items they've pooled together for me. Among them is a sleeping bag and set of sheets. An uncle sent me a sleeping bag, which is on it's way but hasn't arrived yet, but I can't be held responsible for accepting both bags, when I didn't know I'd get this later offer when I accepted the first, and right now I can't know that the one being mailed is going to make it in time!

My greatuncle sent me $100 over PayPal, but it won't be available to me for five to seven business days, so I might not have opportunity to spend it.

I got more information on my flight. It's at 8:45 AM on March 3rd. Apparently I'll be traveling with another participant, named Mathew, but since Charlottetown is the destination for four groups, I can't know that this fellow will be in my group. It'll still be fun to have a travel-buddy.

When I was in Toronto, oddly enough I saw movies The Lovely Bones and Coach Carter. Maybe I'll do reviews on those at some point.

I was also at one point given the opportunity to spend $200 on groceries in twenty minutes. I have no idea what $200 in groceries looks like and I didn't know the layout of the store. I undershot by about $100.

I'm trying to get all the comics on my computer online by the time I leave, but I'm having an incredibly frustrating time with it. Seems like they all need to be image-manipulated to work with the formatting of the sites I post them at.

No comments:

Post a Comment