Monday, February 15, 2010

Haircut, Scrabble, MSN, Katimavik, Family Day

Got my hair cut today. Is that the second or third haircut this blog has seen me go through? None of my age-mates wanted to see me have it cut. When I first grew it out, nobody wanted to see me do that! I really had an Einstein look going, which gave me mixed feelings about having it cut, too. Mom did the cutting. I guess I could have gone to Magicuts. With this Katimavik thing, I've got a little more leverage in conversation when people ask me what I'm doing with my life, so I don't have to worry so much about the barber grilling me, but I think Mom does an okay job, and I don't really have the extra cash to be spending on haircuts. Not even the $12 Magicuts asks for. Of course, if Mom were butchering my hair, I doubt I'd ever know, since really, I've no eye for hair, and I doubt anyone would tell me.

Getting a haircut was one of the things on my list to do before I leave. I only have to meet two more sets of people and accomplish one thing and I'm through with my list. Okay, well, I need to get all this stuff bought,

Won a Scrabble match! Going to lose two rounds soon, though. At least I got off unlucky number 13 in total Scrabble matches played on Facebook. I started a new round, too, which is pretty intense so far. 32 points, 45 points, 37 points. Not bad for the start of a board, when double letter scores are basically all that's within reach. The smallest score on the board comes from the only word that had a significant advantage based on placement.

Got a new MSN pal from waaaay back in the day. Someone else requested to be added, too, and I accepted, although I've no idea what our relation is. My MSN account's email is based on a random sentence fragment, and my name is a pun, so I don't know how anyone could trace me.

Interestingly, everyone in my MSN friend roster is female. It's just an interesting coincidence. I'm not rejecting dudes or anything. MSN isn't my favoured method of communication, so I add based on request.

Oh yeah, and all of my Katimavik team leaders will be female, too. I keep finding out new information.

We'll be team #15133. Uh-oh, there's a 13 in that.

Also, they list your ability to speak your second language before and after the program. I guess that's why they wanted to test my ability. It was so they can see how much I learn over the course of the program.

I did a bit of inventory in respect to what I'll need for my trip, and it looks like this is what I've got:
-Socks and undergarments for 1 week (no long underwear though)
-Got some casual wear (could use more, though, I think)
-I've got some dress shirts and pants, although I don't know what they mean by “enough for 1 week” (Am I going to have to dress up seven days a week?)
-I've got a warm winter coat, and a windbreaker jacket
-Bathing suit
-Toiletries.

Not great, when compared to that list I posted a little while ago.

Today was Family Day in Canada. It's a new-ish holiday. I don't think it's the day after Valentine's Day every year. The way it worked this time around seems odd, but I don't have anything witty to say about it.

Didn't update my comic today, partially because the next update will require me to put in a bit more effort.

1 comment:

  1. I have had the same thoughts about my hair, although with mine I'm sure there's even less difference if someone were to cut it awkwardly. (In fact, I believe a friend has done that before, and I think we were the only two who noticed.)

    I buzz my own hair now, and I can't say that I ever get any negative feedback ... some people will compliment me on the job if they know I've done it, but I think people just don't tell you if your haircut is off. (Which is fine with me: I don't really care how my remaining hair is styled ... as long as it looks reasonably neat, that's all I need.)

    It's odd they would ask you to bring seven days of dress clothes, especially considering that you get only one checked bag and one carry-on bag.

    ReplyDelete