Thursday, February 11, 2010

Angst, Phrasing Analysis, Rainforest Essay

Forgot to mention yesterday that my old counselor brought up a good point about my worry that W2W's selection is based on personality compatibility while Katimavik is based on geographic incompatibility... He said that W2W is aimed at helping troubled people, while Katimavik is not, so it would probably be a different roster of applicants... and less necessary to make sure no one is going to fly off the handle at someone else.

I managed to get the rough draft for my 6-10 page short story in. That should've been the hardest this course has to offer. One more assignment and I should be done.

So far I've been keeping up my resolution to update my comic every day and go to karate every lesson (Okay, I missed an update for my comic, but I did that on purpose because I double-posted that one day).

I feel like my communications with people have been really difficult lately. I feel like I'm in a state of reevaluation before I leave on my trip, and nobody else is on that wavelength. Can't blame people. That would be a pretty cryptic thing to pick up on, but nonetheless, I've been a lot more critical than usual (can you imagine?!?!?!).

Also, I've been getting some existential angst and have been going through some self-esteem issues. I know I'm not a teenager, and can't have that most potent teenage angst, but until I turn 25, I'm still considered a youth by the Ontario Government, required to go through special training if I take on a construction job, and I'm eligible for youth employment and parenting counseling, all of which has been put down in order to stopper my youthful angst!

After 25, I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to feel that way anymore, though.

Hmmm... Well, let's see...

I can't think of anything else I did today, so allow me to tell you a little observation I've made. When older folks tell you to "not get in trouble", you know what they mean? They mean get in trouble! Some people genuinely don't want you to get in trouble, but they usually go a bit more in-depth of what you should specifically not do. The classic line, "stay out of trouble" means "get in trouble", or maybe more specifically, "Do things that would get you in trouble, but don't get caught."

Older folks, I understand you!!!!

I was going through some old schoolwork and found my old essay on disappearing rainforests. I'd forgotten that I wanted to somehow make that available to the public. You would not believe how difficult it is to find relevant information on rainforests. It's out there, and from relevant sources, but it is maddeningly, excruciatingly difficult to compile it into any kind of worthwhile pool of knowledge. Even if I can't make it a really well-established source, I should at least make it generally public, even via posting it to this blog, or one of my branch-blogs. I'm tempted to put it in "reviews" just because I don't want to make an "essays" blog, because I'll never post in it again, even though this isn't really a review...

No comments:

Post a Comment